More Nikon D4 and D800 Rumors Support Aug. 24 Unveiling

by on August 3, 2011

in Nikon

Nikon D4

While we have yet to see any real proof that a new pair of Nikon full frame shooters are coming this month, rumors continue to trickle out, suggesting the announcement of Nikon D3s and D700 successors.

The latest word over at Nikon Rumors reiterates the unveiling of two full frame shooters on August 24.  Sources are claiming the D800 has a 24MP image sensor, while the D4 features an 18MP sensor (presumably allowing the D4 to be more of a high ISO, sports-shooting king).

As far as availability, the Nikon D800 should be available in the Fall, while the D4 would be available to buy in early-2012.  The tipster also claims that the cameras are being manufactured in Malaysia as opposed to Japan, a fact that Thom Hogan calls into question.

Nonetheless, these are interesting rumors, for which we will have certain answers in three short weeks.

Stick around to find out the answers and subscribe to Photography Bay’s feed so you don’t miss a beat.

1 Richard August 5, 2011 at 3:49 am

THAT JUICY 24 MEGA PIXELS sounds DELICIOUS……….Hope the price wont be to HIGH

2 GJ August 5, 2011 at 9:28 am

Hi Richard. May want to study English grammar and punctuation, ie. “….won’t be too High.”

3 Phil McOrmond August 5, 2011 at 10:10 am

I feel that the present digital SLR cameras are so capable now that it may be a long time, if ever, that I can approach the limitations that the current cameras impose. I find lens choices have more bearing on picture quality than does the camera. Of course it is always nice to have the latest and greatest.

4 Pinoy Photoblog August 8, 2011 at 9:27 am

That 24 megapixel camera sounds so very amusing!

5 Photophil68 August 12, 2011 at 6:31 am

Your English grammar ain’t great cus your a Yank

6 John Blockstan August 19, 2011 at 9:28 am

And you’re a dumb-ass Southern hick.

7 Arthur August 19, 2011 at 8:19 am

No question that the prices of the D4 and D800 will be high. The question is how high? We shall see.

8 Paul September 16, 2011 at 9:46 am

I hope the D800 retains the amazing low light capability of the D700!? If it is too highly priced, look for a bargain price D700 when the new model hits the street? Chasing MP’s isn’t always the answer.

9 Christoph October 7, 2011 at 12:26 am

I find that publishing these “rumor” articles have no value and have not yet proved to be even remotely close in facts. I think it does a dis-service to your site. There are better ways to get readership and subscribers.

10 Eric Reagan October 7, 2011 at 3:33 am

Thanks for the feedback Christoph. I’ve written about rumors since the site first launched (before there were dedicated camera rumor sites) – in large part because it interests me. I know they’re not for everyone; however, a lot of folks like to read about what might be on the horizon (including me). And while I really do appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment, I’m probably not going to stop writing about rumored new equipment anytime soon. That said, if you have suggestions on types of content you would like to see more of, please feel free to let me know.