Rumored specs include:
- CMOS size 36x24mm
- 21 megapixels
- ISO 25-12800 (expandable to ISO 10, 25600, 51200)
- 69-point AF EAC technology (do not know what this technology) (TTL-AREA-SIR II AF)
- Flash Sync Mode: 1 / 4000 ESR (X high-speed flash sync?)
- USB2.0 and external HD transmission
- 4 to 3 and 16 to 9 on the two show
- HDMI terminal. External monitor may display LV
- Continuous rate of 6.8 per second
- 2 DIGIC 4 processing chips
- 24fps and 30fps 2 kind of video mode
Also, rumors of two new lenses were included:
- The new 100-400L F4.0-5.6 IS
- The new 50/F1.4 USM
This is a flyer on its own for now. Granted, the 5D Mark II really changes the picture for the current 1Ds Mark III, which is in some ways inferior to a camera that is about 1/3 of its price point. Perhaps this is more of a 1Ds Mark IIIn than a Mark IV given the presence of a 21 megapixel sensor in the rumored specs?
What do you think?
2/10/09: 1D Mark III replacement will not appear at PMA 2009. Read more.