It looks like the Canon 1D mark II may arrive next week and we appear to have an early leak of the images and specs from the pretty reliable Digicame-info. The purported specs are listed below with a rough translation from DCI’s Japanese site.
Canon 1D X Mark II Spec List
- 20.2MP CMOS sensor with improved dynamic range
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- 61-point AF system with 41 cross-type AF points (with read illumination of AF points)
- AF at f/8 is possible on all 61 AF points.
- Improved AF accuracy and motion tracking with AI Servo AF III
- Dual DIGIC6 processor
- New mirror drive system
- 4K video at 60fps
- CFast2.0 memory card use
- 16fps capture in live view mode
- Built-in GPS
- USB 3.0
- HDMI output
- Dust and water weather sealing
- WiFi with WFT-E8
- Dimensions: 158mm x 82.6mm x 167.6mm
- Weight: 1340g
When I first saw these images, I was curious about the line around the top of the camera; however, after seeing the built-in GPS in the spec list, I’m convinced the line is a result of the GPS capability.
One way or the other, we should know more next week. Stay tuned.