Are you familiar with these photography lighting accessories for your flash unit? Check it out on Strobist, there are great photos and descriptions to go along with the funky names.
This firmware update (Version 1.0.5) incorporates the following improvements and fixes.
- When playing back images just after recovering from Auto Power Off, the display now shows the last image played back.
- During remote shooting, images are now displayed on the camera’s LCD monitor right after they are taken.
- Corrects a warning message in Korean that appears when updating the firmware.
- Corrects errors in the Spanish menu screens.
- Corrects a phenomenon that prevented printing with some print systems.
- Corrects a rare phenomenon in which file numbers or image numbers were sometimes skipped.
Originally uploaded by duncan
Like a Flickr for the forbidden, ‘Strictly No Photography’ features user-submitted photos taken in all the places where photography is strictly off-limits. Concerts, museums, classified government installations, nothing’s sacred. Check out these cool pics before they get a cease & desist!
A poster over at fredmiranda.com forums pointed out that he was filling in the bug/feedback form on his Capture One beta 4 software when he noticed that the Canon 5D Mark II was an option to select as a camera model. If you recall, we saw similar leaks prior to the release of the Canon 40D earlier this year. Here’s a screen capture for the 5D Mark II:
[tags]canon, eos, 5d mark ii, rumor, news, capture one, release, pma[/tags]
The Pentax K10D is a 10.2 megapixel DSLR, coupled with a 22-bit analog-to-digital converter and in-body Shake Reduction (.pdf fact sheet) which also provides a dust removal feature to keep dust off the sensor surface. The K10D features a new image processor called PRIME (Pentax Real IMage Engine), which interfaces with DDR2 RAM, providing a whopping 800MB/s bandwidth. The camera body is dust and weather-resistant featuring 72 seals throughout the camera. Images can be saved in JPG, Pentax’s proprietary raw image format (PEF) or standard DNG format. [Read more…]
In auto mode your camera makes just about all the decisions for you. It’s time to take control, hit the highway, and learn what you can do in program mode. Switching to program mode, however, allows your camera to make some decisions for you, but also puts three things in your control: the flash, the ISO value, and the white balance. Let’s start!
Finally, Google has integrated Picasa Web Albums into Google Image Search. Public albums can be enabled for a public search option, meaning your images will be more likely to come up in Google image results. And that’s a huge improvement, because previously images on Picasa (and Blogger, and Google Docs) were not searchable at all.
- Additional camera support for the Canon 1Ds Mark III, Nikon D3, Nikon D300, Olympus E-3, and more
- Updated Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard support
- The import dialog now offers the option to render 1:1 previews as part of the import process
- The export dialog layout has been enhanced
- A Lightroom Preview Export SDK is available for developers to create and distribute Export Plug-ins. Further details are located on Adobe Labs.
Lightroom 1.3 also includes corrections for the following issues:
- Writing XMP metadata automatically has been corrected for performance issues
- Printing with the native resolution option enabled no longer sets the wrong dimension for portrait oriented images
- Prior to Camera Raw 4.3 there was the possibility that artifacts in edge transitions could be introduced through the Bayer demosaic and luminance noise reductions algorithms. This has been corrected.
- The Canon sRAW format and the Fuji compressed RAF formats are now supported.
View the rest of the read me file.
[tags]adobe, lightroom, 1.3, photoshop, update, news, download[/tags]
The Pentax K100D Super is an incremental upgrade from the K100D. The upgrades include a dust reduction system, SDHC card compatibility and full compatibility with SDM lenses. It still features the same 2.5″ LCD, an 11 point AF system with 9 cross-type sensors, ISO 200-3200 and 16-segment multi-pattern metering found on the K100D. The in-body Shake Reduction (.pdf fact sheet) means that you get image stabilization with every K-Mount lens out there. [Read more…]