Alongside the new A3000, Sony has released the NEX-5T as a successor to the popular NEX-5R. Although a mild upgrade to the NEX-5R, the NEX-5T features Near Field Communication for easier WiFi connectivity.
The Sony NEX-5T sports a 16.1MP APS-C CMOS sensor (same as the NEX-5R) and is available in a kit with the 16-50mm power zoom lens with Optical SteadyShot inside. The NEX-5T features the same Fast Hybrid AF system found in the NEX-5R, which combines phase-detection and contrast-detection AF for fast and accurate autofocusing.
Sony NEX-5T Key Features
- 16.1MP APS-C Exmor APS HD CMOS Sensor
- BIONZ Image Processor
- 3.0″ 921.6k-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- Full HD 1080i/p Video at 60 or 24 fps
- Fast Hybrid AF
- Built-In Wi-Fi and NFC Connectivity
- Continuous Shooting Rate of 10 fps
- ISO 100-25600
- Auto Object Framing and Auto HDR Modes
- Sony 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Zoom Lens
The Sony NEX-5T will be available in early September in a kit for $700 or as a body-only for $550. Check availability here at B&H Photo.