After an earlier tease of a Nikon D4x rumor last month, it appears that the rumor is now building that a flagship D4x will be unveiled in 2013. Given the persisting rumors of a D7000 replacement, this makes two killer Nikon DSLRs rumored for this year.
Nikon D4x Key Rumored Points
- Same body as the Nikon D4
- 36 MP sensor without AA filter, designed and made by Nikon, with some new improvements (moire in-camera reduction)
- 6 fps (11 fps is the maximum possible fps with the current shutter)
- Few video improvements
- Price should be few hundred dollars above the existing Nikon D4 (currently listed for $5996.95).
- Announcement expected in fall of 2013
[via Nikon Rumors]