GoPro has announced that the Protune firmware upgrade that was unveiled at NAB 2012 is now available for download. Most notably, the Protune firmware upgrade adds the ability to shoot 24p with a 35Mbps data rate on the GoPro HERO2.
Key features of the Protune firmware upgrade include:
- 24fps frame rate, enabling GoPro HERO2 content to be easily intercut with other sources without a frame rate conversion
- 35Mbps data rate for the industry’s highest quality compressed image with virtually zero artifacts
- Neutral colour profile, allowing for greater flexibility in a colour correction workflow
- Log curve encoding, offering more detail in shadows and highlights
- Reduced sharpening and noise reduction for improved flexibility in professional post- production and colour design workflows
GoPro Protune is a free firmware upgrade for existing customers and can be downloaded from the GoPro web site or by simply synching the GoPro HERO2 with GoPro CineForm Studio software, which is also available as a free download.
Here’s a video overview of Protune from NAB 2012.[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNVcRLMo4Nw&w=640&h=360]