Lots of leaking on the Nikon D4 around the web today. Basically, all the specs that we’ve heard recently turn out to be the real deal. The price is gonna hurt a bit at $6000. Hopefully, Nikon will keep the D800 in the sub-$3000 market, eh?
Regardless, it looks like the Canon 1D X has a real bit of competition from Nikon now – not to mention that the D4 looks to beat the 1D X to market by a month or so.
Take a look at the specs below to see how closely these cameras match up.
Nikon D4 Specifications
- 16.2MP FX sensor
- XQD & Traditional CF card slots
- ISO 100-102,400 (expandable to ISO 50 and ISO 204,800)
- 91,000-pixel RGB metering sensor
- Improved 51-point AF points with 9 cross-type sensors
- AF with f/8 lenses
- 100% coverage viewfinder
- 1080p at 24p/30p with H.264 B frame compression
- Uncompressed HDMI-out for video capture
- Smooth aperture control during video capture
- Illuminated function buttons
- Dedicated video button
- Ethernet port
- Face detection
- $6,000 retail price
- Available February 2012
The Nikkor AF-S 85mm f/1.8G FX format lens has also been leaked with a retail price of $500.
Other details in the leaks note that the D4 is not being produced in Thailand and, as a result, won’t suffer from the manufacturing problems cause by the recent floods there.