The Nikon D4 is 16.1MP FX-format DSLR – announced on January 5, 2012 just prior to CES 2012. The D4 offers a sensitivity range of ISO 50-204,800 (with expansion enabled) and 10 fps still image capture with full AF/AE. The D4 also gets a memory card slot for the new XQD CF card format, as well as a legacy CF card slot.
The D4 replaces to very popular D3S as a powerful low-light and high-speed sports and photojournalism camera. Additionally, the D4 thrusts Nikon into the forefront of the HDSLR video market with uncompressed HDMI out and a headphone jack for monitoring on-board audio.
Retail price is $5999.95.
Nikon D4 Availability
Nikon D4 Key Specifications
- 16.1 megapixel FX format CMOS sensor
- ISO range from 100-12,800, expandable from 50-204,800
- 10 fps with full AF/ AE or 11 fps with AF locked
- Magnesium alloy body sealed to resist the elements
- Accepts CF and new XQD memory card format
- 91,000 pixel 3D Matrix Metering system
- 15 cross type points, with nine points that work with lens speeds of f/8 and below
- Advanced video features
- Uncompressed HDMI out
- Mic and audio jacks
- Full 1080p in FX, DX and 2.7X crop modes
- Full manual control of Exposure