The Fuji FinePix T200 and T300 are a pair of compact 14MP cameras introduced at CES 2011. Both cameras feature a 10x optical zoom lens (28-280mm equivalent) with image stabilization and can capture 720p HD video. The T300 has a 3-inch LCD, while the T200 sports a 2.7″ LCD.
The FinePix T200 should be available March 2011 at an initial retail price of $179.95. Check availability on Amazon.com.
The FinePix T300 should be available in April 2011 at an initial retail price of $199.95. Check availability on Amazon.com.
More details in the press release below.
Fuji FinePix T200 and T300 Press Release
Valhalla, N.Y., January 5, 2011 – FUJIFILM North America Corporation today announced the introduction of a new T-Series line of ultra-compact cameras, with the FinePix T200 and T300. These slim cameras have FUJINON 10x long-zoom lenses, and are 18.5mm* thin. Both cameras offer consumers the perfect fit: a complete set of advanced features, a size to fit in any pocket or small bag, and a price to fit their budgets.
“With the FinePix T200 and T300, we give our customers a portable long zoom digital camera that’s small in design, but big in features,” said David Troy, director of marketing, Digital Cameras, Electronic Imaging Division, FUJIFILM North America Corporation. “When you combine the long zoom with features such as sensor shift Image Stabilization and HD movie capture, you get cameras that are packed with power.”
The FinePix T200 and T300 offer a 14-MegaPixel CCD, but the T300 has a 3.0” high-resolution (230K pixels) LCD, while the T200 has a 2.7” high-resolution (230K) LCD. Equally impressive is the FUJINON 10x optical zoom lens, which stretches from 28-280mm (35mm equivalent). This powerful mix of features will ensure users capture great images, whether they are wide-angle landscapes or closely cropped portraits with details. The T200 will be available in Gunmetal and the T300 will be available in Black, both with brushed metal chassis with hairline finish.
In addition to the 10x zoom, the T300 and T200 also come equipped with a powerful sensor shift Dual Image Stabilization (CIS) system. CIS works as the photo is being taken as it combines a mechanically stabilized sensor with high ISO to combat camera/hand shake and subject movement for improved low light shooting. The result is an expanded range of shooting situations where the cameras can be used without the need of a tripod or other support. With CIS working in the background, you can capture sharp, colorful scenes and portraits at night.
The new T-Series models offer stunning movies in 720p HD with sound at 30 frames per second. You can even zoom during movie capture. Many consumers are happy to enjoy HD movies on their PC, but with the optional HD Player accessory kit with wireless remote control (HDMI cable not included), families can gather around their home HDTV to enjoy amazingly detailed stills and high resolution movie playback.
Tracking Auto Focus
The T200 and T300 both feature Tracking Auto Focus which is perfect for when you need to take a picture of a moving subject and can’t keep your subject in the frame. Just switch Tracking Auto Focus on and it will track your subject and ensure that you achieve a crisp picture with you subject in the center of the frame in perfect focus.
Face Recognition Technology
With Face Recognition, the camera can identify the people in a picture by name! Fujifilm’s Face Recognition Technology gives you the ability to pre-program 8 people into the camera. You also have the option of inputting the category to which they belong (e.g. friends/family) and the date of his/her birthday. The next time you take a photo of the same person, the camera will cleverly recognize that person and optimize the settings to ensure that exposure and focus are best suited to the individual, rather than the other people in the picture. This fun technology can recognize up to 4 pre-programmed people on screen at the same time.
In addition, the Image Search Tool is able to use the Face Recognition data (name, birthday and category) to help you find and playback your photographs quickly and easily. If you want to scroll through all pictures featuring “Mom” for example, the camera will be able to select them for you for easy viewing.
The FinePix T200 and T300 also offer these additional features:
• Face Detection and Automatic Red-eye Removal: To provide perfectly exposed and focused portrait shots, each T-Series model is fitted with Fujifilm’s latest Face Detection technology which is able to track up to 10 faces simultaneously. The system instantly corrects red-eye and then saves both the original and the corrected image file automatically.
• Scene Recognition Auto (SR AUTO): This mode intelligently detects the scene type you are shooting and optimizes the camera’s focus, exposure and white balance, so whether you’re photographing flowers or a holiday landscape, you will get flawless photos at the press of a button.
• Motion Panorama Mode: Automatically stitches up to three shots to create a panoramic picture.
• Smile / Blink Detection: Smile Detection works with Fujifilm’s highly-acclaimed Face Detection technology to detect smiles on faces: it will not take a picture until it detects a smile, so you’re guaranteed happy shots! Another feature is Blink Detection which warns you if you have captured an image with people blinking, so you can re-shoot if necessary.
• PhotoBook Assist: Choosing images for a photo book can be time-consuming. The Photo Book Assist feature allows you to tag images, and then creates a simulation of the photo book which can be viewed on the LCD.
The FinePix T200 will be available March 2011 at the price of $179.95 and the FinePix T300 will be available in April 2011 at $199.95.