The Fuji FinePix AV200, AX300 and JV200 are a trio of budget cameras introduced at CES 2011. All three cameras feature a 14MP image sensor and can capture 720p HD video. The AV200 and AX300 feature a 3x optical zoom lens, while the JV200 offers a 5x optical zoom.
The AV200 should be available in February 2011 at an initial retail price of $89.95. Check availability on Amazon.com.
The AX300 should be available in February 2011 at an initial retail price of $99.95. Check availability on Amazon.com.
The JV200 should be available in February 2011 at an initial retail price of $109.95. Check availability on Amazon.com.
More details in the press release below.
Fuji FinePix AV200, AX300 and JV200 Press Release
Valhalla, N.Y., January 5, 2011 – FUJIFILM North America Corporation today announced the launch of three new entry-level FinePix compact digital cameras that include the FinePix AV200, AX300 and JV200. These easy-to-use cameras contain robust features that include high resolution sensors, powerful zoom and HD movie 720p capabilities, all at an affordable price.
These FinePix digital cameras are perfect for consumers on a budget, but not looking to sacrifice great image quality, and offer additional advanced features including: Automatic Scene Recognition, Face Detection, Motion Panorama Mode and more to ensure fantastic pictures in every situation.
“With these entry level digital cameras, Fujifilm is packing in many features such as Digital Image Stabilization and Tracking Auto Focus that are helpful in taking quality photos,” said David Troy, director of marketing, Digital Cameras, Electronic Imaging Division, FUJIFILM North America Corporation. “When you add in other features like Smile/Blink Detection and i-Flash Intelligent Flash, you get a camera that provides great pictures at a great value.”
The FinePix AV200 and JV200 have a 14-MegaPixel CCD sensor and a 3x FUJINON optical zoom lens, and the 14-Megapixel FinePix AX300 features a versatile 5x FUJINON optical zoom lens (35mm equivalent). You can rest assured that whichever model you choose, the resolution sensors and top quality FUJINON optics combined with the high sensitivity settings (up to ISO 3200 in S mode) will deliver sharp, clear images in almost every shooting condition. All models feature a 2.7” 230K resolution LCD, plus Digital Image Stabilization technology to compensate for image blur caused by hand shake or subject movement, and ensure that you always get a great picture, especially in low light settings.
Shoot and Share
Each new camera captures stunning 720p HD movies, allowing you to show off your impressive pictures and movies to your family and friends on any HD ready television (or home PC), using the optional HD Player (HDP-L1) accessory kit with wireless remote (HDMI cable not included).
Advanced Image Search
All these cameras have an Image Search feature that allows you to find all images taken in a particular scene mode (e.g. Portraits and Landscapes) ensuring it is much faster to navigate through the photos on your camera.
Other features include:
• Smile/Blink Detection: Smile Detection recognizes the moment your subject smiles and releases the shutter only when this happens, ensuring a happy photo every time. Additionally, the Blink Detection function warns you if any of your subjects have blinked so that you can re-take the photo if necessary.
• i-Flash Intelligent Flash: A flash control system which efficiently controls the level of flash for a given exposure to produce beautifully balanced flash illumination across the foreground and background. Gone are the ugly washout shots where the subject is blasted with light and the background dark and
• Face Detection and Automatic Red-eye Removal: To provide perfectly exposed and focused portrait shots, the cameras are fitted with Fujifilm’s latest Face Detection technology which is able to track up to 10 faces simultaneously. The system instantly corrects red-eye and then saves both the original and the corrected image file automatically.
• Scene Recognition Auto (SR AUTO): This mode intelligently identifies the scene type and necessary shooting conditions to optimize picture perfect potential.
• Tracking Auto Focus (AF): Tracks fast moving subjects so they don’t escape from the frame in a blur. Subjects will be tracked automatically for as long as it is kept in the frame and the shutter is half-pressed; when users fully press the shutter button your subject will be in the centre of the photo in perfect focus.
• Motion Panorama Mode: Automatically stitches up to three shots to create a panoramic picture
• AA-Battery Power (AV200, AX300): Using AA batteries is convenient for on-the-go digital camera users as it eliminates the need to charge battery packs, allowing for lots of picture-taking and the ease of battery replacement.
• Li-ion Battery (JV200): Long-life rechargeable Li-ion battery for extended shot life, charger included.
All cameras will be available in February 2011. The AV200 will be available in silver for $89.95, the AX300 will be available in black at $99.95 and the JV200 will be available in black for $109.95.