The 18th Hour is a Nikon D7000 Test Video to End All Test Videos

by on November 15, 2010

in Nikon

I believe Macgregor just nailed it on test videos with this sample footage from the Nikon D7000.

1 Jeff November 18, 2010 at 3:13 pm

did you mention the lens used here? 18-105 kit lens? looks like 18 for all the clips.

2 Cole November 19, 2010 at 4:25 am

Yes, this is a pretty piece of video and the photographer has a sense of humor. What is most funny of all is a still photographer with a video camera – it turns out looking just like a slide show comprised of a collection of stills.
There is no real movement here – no kids running or jumping; no deer bounding through the redwoods – anyway, as pretty as this slide show is, I don’t get a sense of how the video aspect of the camera captures movement. Also there is no zooming and little panning. So, “Test Video to End All Test Videos”is either a gross exaggeration or Mr. Reagan is also isolated in the world of still photography. No harm done, just some over-hype..

3 Eric Reagan November 19, 2010 at 5:27 am

Sorry to over-hype it Cole. Perhaps I got a bigger kick out of the captions.

4 Lee November 19, 2010 at 5:11 am

I could get used to naked trees and ducks if my images would come out as nice. Very entertaining!

5 Cole November 19, 2010 at 9:32 am

Yea, again, funny captioning, but do you see what is being said about the videography itself? I’ve done the very same thing the first time I recorded video. It was a series of well-composed, well-lit stills. The beauty and uniqueness of video, especially compared to stills is it’s ability to actually MOVE. I don’t mean to be critical of you personally Eric, and you did go over the top in your titling…..

6 Abie November 19, 2010 at 10:48 pm

Looks like this guy has seen Baraka a few times! The video looks great. Looks like it has very little noise, which is awesome.