Keeping with the tradition of last year’s “Fall” themed photo contest, we’ve teamed up with Seagate, along with O’Neill surf wear, for another photo contest where your best shots in the Photography Bay Flickr Group can score you a 1TB FreeAgent Go Drive and some O’Neill surf wear.
How To Enter
- Take your best “Ocean” themed photograph. We’re focusing on three key themes: Ocean Sports, Ocean Movement, and Ocean Life.
- Upload it to your Flickr account. (Don’t have one? Sign up. It’s free.)
- Tag your photo “Seagate/O’Neill” and “ocean”.
- Add your photo to the Photography Bay Group Pool.
- That’s it. You’re entered.
- You may only enter once for this contest. Any more than one entry will result in disqualification. You may submit as many photos to the Photography Bay Group Pool as you wish; however, you should only tag your entry photo as “Seagate/O’Neill” and “ocean”. You may tag other photos as “ocean” – just don’t add the “Seagate/O’Neill” tag and the photo will not count as an entry. The contest is limited to North America (Canada, US & Mexico) only.
Deadline for Entries
You have until December 26, 2009 at 11:59p.m. Eastern Time to submit your photo for the contest.
The winners will receive the following prizes:
First Place – Seagate FreeAgent Go Drive 1TB + O’Neill surf wear prize pack
Second Place – Seagate FreeAgent Go Drive 880GB + O’Neill surf wear prize pack
Third Place – Seagate FreeAgent Go Drive 500GB + O’Neill surf wear prize pack
Check out the above video to see how O’Neill’s staff photographer, Marc Prefontaine, uses Seagate external hard drives in his daily work flow.
To learn more about Seagate FreeAgent Go drives, visit Seagate.com.
For more on O’Neill surf wear, visit O’Neill’s website.
Judging Criteria and Process
Judging criteria will be based on the best expression of the theme “Ocean” with particular consideration given to technical proficiency and execution; and focusing on Ocean Sports, Movement and Life. Layman’s terms – a great Ocean photograph.
Please don’t limit yourself with the Ocean theme. Just because the there’s no waves where you live doesn’t mean that you can’t think outside the box and come up with a killer “Ocean” themed image that blows away shots from those who live on the beach.
After the December 26 deadline for entries has passed, I will select 10 finalist images and announce and display the finalists in no particular order on Photography Bay.
I will then submit the images to Rich Legg of LeggNet’s Digital Capture and Nicole Young of Nicolesy Photography and contributor to Photofocus to collaborate and come up with the top 3 images for the prizes set out above.
The winners will be announced and displayed in early-January 2010 on Photography Bay.
Since we will be using a Flickr Group Pool for this contest, I will send the winners a notification by Flickr mail requesting their contact information, which I will then forward to Seagate/O’Neill for shipment of the prizes. Winners will have one week to respond to my Flickr mail or their prize will be redistributed to the another contestant from the Top 10 images.
Rights in and to Images
Photographers retain all copyrights in and to any images that are submitted for entry into this contest. By entering, however, you grant Photography Bay, Seagate and O’Neill the right to display the images on their websites in conjunction with the announcement and promotion of this contest. Basically, we want to be able to show off who the winners are and how awesome your photos are. We don’t want to (and won’t) use your images for any other commercial purposes other than the announcement or promotion of this contest.