21 Awesome Reader Photos

by on October 2, 2009

in Photos

Purple Heart

Photography Bay has had a Flickr group for about a year or so now.  We’ve featured readers’ photos from the group during contests; however, I wanted to take this opportunity to simply show off some of your photos that you’ve shared in the Photography Bay Flickr pool.

I’ve chosen these just because they jumped out at me and I had to stop somewhere.  We’ve got nearly 500 members and many of you contribute to the pool on a regular basis.  We’re now at over 2100 images, which I find very inspiring.

In addition to Kirstein’s photo above, there’s 20 more coming up.

Merryvale Tasting Room

Bailey's Arboretum

Nur Faqiha Awathif

Garden Bridge, Shanghai

Great precision is required for all best forwards

table

Hugo… the cool surf dude

To the Moon!

The Peach

Acura MDX

leopard

JM_7510

sight-seeing

Tower Ceiling

B-17 'Flying Fortress' "Liberty Bell"

L'école oubliée / The Forgotten School

Detail

Wine and Sunset -Bodrum - Gumusluk - Turkey

Graduates

Inspired?  Want to see your images here?  Just join our Flickr group and submit your awesome images (up to 3 a day) to the group pool and we’ll do this again in a week or two.

If you’re photo is on this page, feel free to drop a comment and let us know where you gallery, website or blog is at.  And, thanks for sharing your great images.

1 Arturo October 4, 2009 at 12:32 pm

I never knew there was a flickr group for this site, cool! There are some really great shots in it, too!

2 Lars Kirstein October 4, 2009 at 6:08 pm

Thank you for selecting my photo “Purple Heart” and exhibit it on your front page. I’m very happy, that it was selected. It is one of my first photos taken with the execelent Nikkor 60mm f/2.8 Micro ED glas from Nikon.

3 Eric October 4, 2009 at 6:14 pm

@Lars – It’s a great image. I was very impressed with your other images as well. That Nikon 60mm Micro is serving you well it seems. You’ve got a great collection of images on Flickr. Thanks for dropping by with the comment and please continue to contribute to our Flickr group.

4 John Mills October 5, 2009 at 2:37 am

(JohnM’s Pix on Flickr).
I see one of mine in there too. Thanks guys! :-)I had to wait hours to get the light just right for that shot. (Only because I was so keen I got there hours early!).

5 Eric October 5, 2009 at 2:43 am

That’s a great shot John. I do love the lighting. I really appreciate you sharing it in our Flickr group.

6 Tom Stappers October 7, 2009 at 8:01 pm

I’d like to know your opinion on the way picture authors put signatures and complete copyright or website data in the flesh or in the margin of their photographs. As a black and white filmist I’m lucky to be able to write and sign in pencil on the paper backside!

7 Eric October 7, 2009 at 8:54 pm

@Tom – That’s a very good question and I just happened to notice an interesting discussion on one of Nicole Young’s photos on Flickr today or yesterday (thanks to Rich Legg point it out on twitter – see twitter.com/leggnet).

In short, there are a number of different thoughts on how to sign/watermark your photos. I’ll leave you with the link to Nicole’s photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nicolesy/3939057818/

Feel free to join in that discussion or bring your thoughts back here in the comments.

8 Herbg October 29, 2009 at 11:33 am

I just noticed that one of my images is on this list. The Sight Seeing one with the binoculars. Thank you for selecting my photo. The other images here are beautiful, nice work everyone!