Nikon D4 Coming December 2009?

by on August 22, 2009

in Nikon

Nikon D4

We got the Nikon D3X for Christmas last year.  So, why not the Nikon D4 for Christmas this year?

Our friends at Southern Photo Technical Service are again claiming to have info on the Nikon D4:

1. It will be announced December 2009.

2. It will have video.

3. It will be ground breaking.

4. Chuck Norris already has one.

Ok, so I made the last one up . . . but that doesn’t mean it’s not true.

What do you think about video in a flagship camera?

Pros, will you use video?

Will you avoid the camera because of the video feature?

Why?

1 Peter Gregg August 22, 2009 at 12:20 pm

Love the Chuck Norris comment :)

2 Brandon August 23, 2009 at 1:10 am

I would love video in a pro body. I currently use the D3, and won’t upgrade until Nikon makes something with video.

3 LE Studios August 23, 2009 at 2:17 am

Groundbreaking? What, it will cost more than the $7999 price of the D3X last year?

4 delphy August 24, 2009 at 11:36 am

what does chuck think of the camera?

5 src August 26, 2009 at 5:16 am

will there be any ‘as on date unheard of’ feature ?

6 Eric August 26, 2009 at 7:43 am

@src – Only Chuck Norris knows the answer to that . . . and he’s not talking.

7 Roy August 31, 2009 at 6:12 pm

And you can’t make Chuck talk

8 Rick September 7, 2009 at 3:22 pm

The D4 sounds great ! I’m sure the price will more than SUCK ! As a 25 year Nikon user, I keep looking at Canon cameras being canon seems to be more in tune to what photographers are asking for in the way of equipment…

Video ? If I want to shoot video, I’d buy a VIDEO CAMERA that has PRO features. Video is NOT a selling point in a still camera for me.

9 Randy G September 26, 2009 at 11:00 am

Nikon Should make a dedicated video camera like canon did for poeple the whan pro video
I like the D3 its going to be hard to match its quality
I wish the would changed the wireless the new WT 4 is a pain in the *** now i have this wire getting in my way all the time I liked the WT 2 work just fine and was out of the way

10 Yannick L-W October 8, 2009 at 1:21 pm

I don’t think video will be a major selling point unless they get full 1080p, at 30fps, without or with very minimal rolling shutter. The problem I have with current DSLRs that shoot video is that they don’t autofocus (which nikon has fixed with the D300s), rolling shutter, only 720p @ 30 fps… if that, and even the cheapest HD handy-cam takes better video.

11 C. Norris November 11, 2009 at 4:24 am

You’ll love this camera ;-)

12 Dee Cee May 18, 2010 at 9:13 pm

Still trust your “friends” at Southern Photo Technical Service?

13 Eric Reagan May 18, 2010 at 9:20 pm

@Dee Cee – Apparently, the cheekiness that I intended for that reference did not carry over when you read it…