Canon 5D Mark II Rumor Update – April 24 Announcement

by on April 18, 2008

in Canon,Rumors

A DPR forum poster dropped in a tidbit of info that he got while shopping for a Canon 5D:

Well, I was a bit sceptical about all the 5d MKII rumours. I stepped into my local camera shop as I was about to buy the current 5D when the salesman said I should rather wait until the 24th of April as the worldwide launch of the new 5D is happening then. (via)

As some astute forum members pointed out, this may be a situation where the salesman is just reading rumors online and pumping them up a bit.  See this previous rumor on an April 22nd announcement.

Regardless of the propriety of this recent rumor, stay tuned to the Canon 5D Mark II Rumors page for the latest updates.

1 matt April 21, 2008 at 10:59 am

i went to B&H in Feb and the guy behind the counter said “Wait until April” when I asked about a new 5D…this was before all the current March rumors, and after the January photo show….I guess take it with a grain of salt, only a week until we really find out.

2 Andy April 22, 2008 at 9:29 pm

Today is 23 April, have not heard any announcement from the US / Japan website regarding the Canon 5D Mark II.

3 Pawel April 24, 2008 at 8:33 am

I hightly doubt this speculation will come true, it does not make sense that canon will announce a new product while running a rebate promotion on old model, who would buy the old 5D then???

4 Lucabella April 24, 2008 at 12:44 pm

WELL it’s April 24th and NO release????? Hmmmmm….perhaps you’re all wrong?

5 Burim April 26, 2008 at 5:34 pm

I am more than sure that a lot of people will still buy the old 5D, cause the new 5D Mark II will be very expensive, at least for the first six months or so.

I am guessing the price
Approximately 3200 – 3800 $

Let us hope that soon there will be a official press release from Canon, so our spirits can rest :)

6 arun.p July 28, 2008 at 6:37 am