How many of you have ever left your lens cap on the camera and missed an important shot? (I’m guilty.)
The photographer in the above video had the misfortune of making that mistake in front of TV cameras for the whole world to see. I hope he still got a keeper or two after he figured out the malfunction.
In this fun video, Devin Graham puts DSLRs in the middle of a WWII firefight . . . and the DSLRs are the weapons.
After watching all the Canons go to war, check out the BTS video below for a peek into the making of this epic battle.
Noise Industries has released Callouts 1.2 for Final Cut Pro X. Available as an FX Factory plugin, Callouts 1.2 “allows you to add arrows, shapes, magnifiers, animated map trajectories, speech and thought bubbles, checklists and much more to your next video project. Callouts 1.2 adds two new effects and it is a free update for existing customers.” New users can buy it fo $49 here at Ripple Training.
Check out the demo video below for an idea of what you can do with Callouts 1.2. [click to continue…]
SOLOSHOT is a new tripod-mounted automatic pan head that tracks subjects using a remote wristband. It was built with capturing surfing in mind; however, it works for a ton of different types of moving subjects.
SOLOSHOT Key Features
- Tracks at distances up to 2000 feet (half a kilometer).
- The maximum pan speed is over 40 degrees per second.
- The fastest object tested so far was a race car going 143 mph.
- Batteries last 5+ hours.
- A super bright tracking LED lets you know SOLOSHOT is pointing at you.
- A security feature gives you an access point to lock your camera to the Base, and the tripod can be locked to stationary objects (the same as you would lock up a bicycle).
- The pairing process allows multiple people to each use their own SOLOSHOT near each other. Each Base will only follow the Armband that it is paired to.
Check out the demo video below that pretty well explains how SOLOSHOT works. [click to continue…]
ikan’s $10 Cinema Forms app is now available on the iTunes App Store. From the description:
Cinema Forms app is a powerful tool that allows you to create, manage, and share production worksheets and legal releases directly from your iPad. With this app, you can now create call sheets, break down sheets, talent releases, location release, and so much more directly on your iPad.
• Portable and convenient
• Extensive Library of Forms (90+)
• Interactive Smart Forms
• Share as PDF to Dropbox or Email
• Customer Letterhead
• Rich Text Editor
• iCloud Backup
• Keyword Search
• Intuitive Interface
Check out the below BTS video of sport photographer Walter Iooss Jr. working Andy Samberg of SNL fame on a photo shoot as Samberg portrays tennis stars.