Nikon has announced three new products, which include the versatile Coolpix P7800 featuring full manual controls and a new electronic viewfinder, the ultra-compact Coolpix S02 and the LD-1000 LED movie light, an optional lighting accessory for Nikon 1 and Coolpix cameras. [click to continue…]
IndiSYSTEM has released its new AIR3 cage for HDSLR cameras starting at $99 for the basic version. Adding longer rods, handles and other accessories puts the top end unit at $179.
While it is not as fancy as other HDSLR cages on the market, there appears to be plenty of holes on the top plate for mounting accessories. It also seems to be quite sturdy from the looks of the below video where they set a car on top of four cages. [click to continue…]
So I recently purchased the Benro A38T Classic Aluminum Monopod with the S2 head and the fine folks at Photography Bay here were kind enough to let me talk about it.
This monopod is AMAZING, and for the low price tag of $140, I highly recommend that you can hop on over to B&H Photo or Adorama and pick up one of your own. [click to continue…]
Every now and then a camera manufacture delivers one of those “wow” features that really moves a product line forward. The more and more I see from the Dual Pixel AF in the new Canon 70D, the more I am impressed. [click to continue…]
Do you use layer groups in Photoshop just for organizing your layers?
In this quick 10-minute video, Julieanne Kost demonstrates 5 ways to make use of layer groups in Photoshop that go well beyond organization. All of these techniques can be used in Photoshop CS6 or Photoshop CC.
Here’s a quick summary of the 5 ways to use layer groups.
- Blending modes apply to group of layers to make the effect appear as if the layers have been merged.
- Styles for layers (e.g., drop shadows, etc.) in groups are applied as if the layers have been merged.
- The ability to restrict how the layers interact within the group versus the layers in the rest of the document. For example, a black and white adjustment layer can be restricted to layers within group.
- The ability to clip a texture or another color to a group by using a clipping mask.
- Mask multiple layers within a group with a single mask.
Watch the video to see how to make these work in the Photoshop interface.
This photo booth pranks is quite mean; however, it produced some funny reactions. The poor folks that walked into this photo booth of horror thought they were going to get their picture taken. Then, just as the camera was supposed to snap their fun pic, two guys pulled back the curtains and scared the crap out of everyone inside. [click to continue…]