Nikon has released ViewNX 2.7.5 and Capture NX 2.4.2, which fix a bug with Nikon D600 files as described below.
When RAW images captured with a D600 running C firmware Ver. 1.01 at an Image area setting of DX (24×16) 1.5× and any Active D-Lighting setting other than Off were opened in Capture NX 2, a bright (whitish) diagonal line was visible. This issue has been resolved.
Nikon has released a firmware update for the Coolpix P7700. Firmware version 1.1 includes the following improvements:
- Display accuracy for the virtual horizon has been increased according to the direction in which the camera is pointed.
- The interval between shots with uninterrupted shooting when Auto bracketing is set to Exposure bracketing has been reduced.
- An issue that prevented shutter speeds slower than one second for the second and subsequent shots when shooting with Auto bracketing set to Exposure bracketing has been resolved.
You can download firmware update version 1.1 on Nikon’s website.
Nikon has issued a firmware update for the Nikon 1 V1. A and B firmware version 1.21 for the V1 adresses the following issue:
Immediately after the camera was turned on after attaching a lens, shooting display in the camera monitor or electronic viewfinder (view through the lens) sometimes appeared to move. This issue has been resolved.
You can download the update from Nikon’s website.
Nikon has updated Capture NX 2 to version 2.4.0 for both Mac and Windows. The new version includes the following updates:
- Support for RAW images captured with the Nikon 1 J3 and Nikon 1 S1 has been added.
- The following modifications have been made to White Balance in the Camera Settings portion of the Develop section in the Edit List palette.
– Underwater can now be selected from New WB. However, Underwater can only be selected for RAW images captured with a camera that supports Underwater white balance.
– Resulting colors have been corrected when Flash was selected from New WB for RAW images captured with the Nikon 1 V2.
- An issue that, in some rare cases, prevented display of some JPEG images has been resolved.
You can download the latest version from Nikon’s website.
Canon has announced that it will be providing a free update to the EOS 1D C to make the 25p frame rate available for 4K capture in April 2013. This announcement is a result of feedback from the European professional video community.
Stay tuned for word on the official release of the firmware update when it hits.