Nikon has released an update to Capture NX 2 to version 2.4.4, which adds RAW file support for the new Nikon 1 V3 and COOLPIX S810C, along with other modications noted below. [click to continue…]
Canon has updated the EOS 6D to firmware version 1.1.4. The new firmware provides the following improvements.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which some images cannot be transferred to mobile devices running the EOS Remote app.
- Corrects an error in the German language Feature Guide.
- Corrects an error in the Korean language Feature Guide.
You can download the new 6D firmware here on Canon USA’s website.
Nikon has released an update for Camera Control Pro 2 to version 2.17.0.
Modifications for the new version include: [click to continue…]
Canon has issued a firmware update for the EOS 1D X with lots of AF impovements. Firmware version 2.0.3 incorporates the following improvements and fixes.
- Auto focusing performance under low-light conditions has been enhanced when performing focusing before shooting in AI Servo AF mode. The enhancement comes from the improvement in tracking capability for the first image in the low-light conditions.
- The number of release parameters settings for the “AI Servo AF 2nd image priority” AF function has been increased to enable improved AF tracking in low light or maintain consistent high frames rates during continuous shooting.
- The number of parameters for acceleration/deceleration tracking in the AF Configuration Tool will has been increased.
- Exposure compensation can be performed when using manual exposure and ISO Auto.
- The minimum shutter speed limit for ISO Auto has been increased with shutter speeds up to 1/8000.
- A new function to keep the exposure constant by altering the ISO or shutter speed in manual exposure, when the aperture value changes when zooming or changing lenses has been added.
- A new option has been added to orientation linked AF point to enable only the AF point to switch as you change orientation rather than both AF point/ AF area settings
- A new option to continue to use the previously manually selected AF point as the initial starting AF point when switching to 61-point automatic selection has been added.
- New customization of the Exposure metering and AF controls has been added for more flexibility.
- The number of possibilities for controls to switch between one-shot AF and AI Servo AF using custom controls has been increased.
- A function has been added to allow the playback and review of protected images only.
- A phenomenon has been fixed in which the white balance may be disturbed by the timing of the shutter release when the drive mode is single shooting and a flash (E-TTL)is used.
You can download the firmware update and get instructions on how to install it here on Canon’s website.
Apple has released Final Cut Pro X version 10.1.1, which provides the following bug fixes.
- Preserves media files if an external drive or network is disconnected while consolidating a library
- Resolves an issue with loading audio content in the Music and Sound Browser
- Fixes a stability issue when applying a Motion effect with Scroll Text behavior
- Faster switching between proxy media and original or optimized media
- Improves Timeline responsiveness with very large projects
The update is available through the Mac App Store.
Adobe has added a couple of powerful new updates in the latest version of Photoshop CC. [click to continue…]