Anyone who has gone to the beach with the family understands the pressure on the photographer in the family to capture the perfect portrait on the beach.
It’s not like there aren’t enough things to worry about between hitting the lighting at the right time, to timing your shot in between random beach walkers to keeping sand out of your camera bag. On top of normal photographer thoughts, there is the challenge of working with your own kids, grandkids, nieces or nephews who don’t see you as a photographer but as dad/mom/grandpa/grandma/uncle/aunt with a dorky habit of carrying a camera. [Read more…]
Topaz Labs has released a new software application – Topaz Impression.
Topaz Impression allows you to turn still images into a brushstroked canvas painting. While there are several plug-ins that allow you to create a painterly effect on images, Topaz Impression paints images one brushstroke at a time based on the input you provide. [Read more…]
Topaz Labs has released a new application, ReStyle, which features a vast array of styles and looks to apply to images. It includes over 1000 styles/presets that provide one-click results; however, all of the settings are customizable, which allows you to use the presets as a starting point or develop your own custom presets from scratch. [Read more…]
Topaz Labs has several free webinars this week for its new Clarity plug-in. Check one out at the following dates and times.
Wed, May 29 at Noon ET – Register here
Wed, May 29 at 4PM ET – Register here
Friday, May 31 at Noon ET – Register here
Topaz Clarity is still available for an introductory price of $29.99 through May 31, 2013 when you use the promo code: claritynew. Check it out here on Topaz Lab’s website.
Topaz Labs has updated B&W Effects 2 to version 2.1. New features in version 2.1 include the following:
- A Zone System: Allows users to identify various zones in their images as well as observe the changes in zones as exposure and other adjustments are made.This is not an adjustment tool, but a visual aid.
- Borders: Prior versions of B&W Effects only had a choice of 2 borders: Solid Black or Solid White. This version adds many more options!
- Tone Quicktools: Similar to the Color Filter buttons, quicktools have been added for Silver and Paper toning for: Selenium, Cyanotype (Gold/Blue), Copper (Red), Sepia and Antique Dye
- Apply Button: This feature allows a user to apply changes without having to exit the program. Multiple presets can be applied one on top of another and so forth.
- Language Support: B&W v2.1 supports Spanish, French, German, (Brazilian) Portugese, Japanese and Chinese (Simplified and Taiwanese). If your machine has one of these languages set in the region/language settings, the UI will be rendered in that language.
The upgrade is free for existing users and is available at a discount through April 21, 2013. Use the coupon code bw21 to get 30% off Topaz B&W Effects 2 or the complete bundle on Topaz Labs’ website.
Topaz Labs will be hosting a free webinar on Fine Art Nature Photography. The webinar will be presented by Tony Sweet on Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM EST.
Join Tony Sweet for an inspiring session on how he uses Topaz plug-ins in his fine art nature photography workflow.
Tony is a highly-recognized professional nature photographer whose work has been published worldwide in every medium. Tony is a Nikon Legend Behind the Lens, lecturer, co-owner/operator of the Visual Artistry Workshop Series and is represented by Getty Images. He is also the author of 5 books in his Fine Art Photography Series and co-producer of 5 instructional DVDs.
You can register for the free webinar here through Topaz Labs.
Topaz Labs’ product lineup includes the following plugins: Adjust, DeNoise, ReMask, B&W Effects, Simplify, Detail, Lens Effects, Clean, InFocus and DeJPEG. All are available here on Topaz Labs’ website.