The Phottix Ares flash trigger is a new 8-channel transmitter and receiver units that have a range of 200m and feature a “fire-all” channel function. No advanced bells or whistles here. Just a dumb transmitter and receiver that are aimed to be reliable and affordable.
Phottix Ares Key Features and Specs
- 200+m range
- 8 channels and Fire-All function
- 1/250s max sync speed
- 3.5mm sync port
- Hot shoe
- Triggers hot shoe flashes and studio lights
- Rotating transmitter can be used in teh up or down position
- Reliability digitally-encoded signals
- Cold shoe and 1/4″ threaded insert on receiver
- Cables and batteries included
No word on the final price yet, but since the Ares is replacing older units like the Tetra, Aster and Strato I, it’s reasonable expect a retail price point well under $100.
The 4-channel MicroSync radio triggers let you wirelessly trigger your remote strobes or speedlights. The basic transmitter and receiver kit will only set you back $100 and you can buy the components separately from there. Depending on how you use your off-camera lighting kit, the MicroSync kit could be just the right fit. [Read more...]