Topaz Labs has released a new application, ReStyle, which features a vast array of styles and looks to apply to images. It includes over 1000 styles/presets that provide one-click results; however, all of the settings are customizable, which allows you to use the presets as a starting point or develop your own custom presets from scratch. [Read more…]
Dashwood Editor Essentials is a set of utility plugins for Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro, Motion and After Effects. The plugins can repair footage or do tasks that would normally require a lot of time and effort. Check out the video below for a closer look at the various tools.
Dashwood Editor Essentials is available from Noise Industries for $49. More details here on Noise Industries website.
Topaz Labs has updated B&W Effects 2 to version 2.1. New features in version 2.1 include the following:
- A Zone System: Allows users to identify various zones in their images as well as observe the changes in zones as exposure and other adjustments are made.This is not an adjustment tool, but a visual aid.
- Borders: Prior versions of B&W Effects only had a choice of 2 borders: Solid Black or Solid White. This version adds many more options!
- Tone Quicktools: Similar to the Color Filter buttons, quicktools have been added for Silver and Paper toning for: Selenium, Cyanotype (Gold/Blue), Copper (Red), Sepia and Antique Dye
- Apply Button: This feature allows a user to apply changes without having to exit the program. Multiple presets can be applied one on top of another and so forth.
- Language Support: B&W v2.1 supports Spanish, French, German, (Brazilian) Portugese, Japanese and Chinese (Simplified and Taiwanese). If your machine has one of these languages set in the region/language settings, the UI will be rendered in that language.
The upgrade is free for existing users and is available at a discount through April 21, 2013. Use the coupon code bw21 to get 30% off Topaz B&W Effects 2 or the complete bundle on Topaz Labs’ website.
Topaz has updated photoFXlab to version 1.2. In this latest version, you have the ability to save your project (layers using a new topaz file format), 3-party plug-in support (for select .8bf plug-ins), cropping grid overlay (stand-alone mode only), and Apple Aperture plug-in support.
If you aren’t familiar with photoFXlab, it is a standalone application that can also be accessed as a plugin. It allows you to work with layers of Topaz effects in a single interface.
Topaz has also extended the $50 savings through August 31. Just use the coupon code CreateFX at checkout on Topaz Labs’ website to get photoFXlab for $29.95.
Noise Industries has released Callouts 1.2 for Final Cut Pro X. Available as an FX Factory plugin, Callouts 1.2 “allows you to add arrows, shapes, magnifiers, animated map trajectories, speech and thought bubbles, checklists and much more to your next video project. Callouts 1.2 adds two new effects and it is a free update for existing customers.” New users can buy it fo $49 here at Ripple Training.
Check out the demo video below for an idea of what you can do with Callouts 1.2. [Read more…]