Topaz Labs has released Texture Effects, a new application with a built-in texture repository with a ton of sharing and expansion capabilities (i.e., you can share your own effects and download other users’ effects to apply to your photos). [Read more…]
Red Giant has updated its Universe plugin to version 1.4, which includes 5 new effects and 3 new transitions. This brings the total number of plugins in Red Giant Universe up to 89. [Read more…]
Show Focus Points is a new plugin for Adobe Lightroom 5. The plugin does just what the name says – finally allowing you to see focus points in your photos from Lightroom.
It also reveals other focus info like focus distance and focus mode. Currently, the plugin only works with Canon and Nikon DSLRs, and only in Lightroom 5. It supports both Mac OS X and Windows installations.
Best of all though, the Show Focus Points plugin is free for now. Check it out here on the Show Focus Points website.
500px has a new plugin for Lightroom that allows you to upload images directly from your Lightroom library to your 500px account. You can download the Publisher plugin here from 500px.
Watch the tutorial video above for an overview of installing and using the 500px Publisher plugin.
HDRsoft has released version 5 of its popular Photomatix Pro high dynamic range (HDR) software. [Read more…]
Imagenomic has announced the release of Realgrain 2, a “finishing” plugin for achieving accurate black-and-white conversion, toning, colorizing and darkroom effects and simulates the grain patterns, color, and tonal range of conventional silver halide films. [Read more…]
Topaz Labs has released a new application, ReStyle, which features a vast array of styles and looks to apply to images. It includes over 1000 styles/presets that provide one-click results; however, all of the settings are customizable, which allows you to use the presets as a starting point or develop your own custom presets from scratch. [Read more…]
Dashwood Editor Essentials is a set of utility plugins for Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro, Motion and After Effects. The plugins can repair footage or do tasks that would normally require a lot of time and effort. Check out the video below for a closer look at the various tools.
Dashwood Editor Essentials is available from Noise Industries for $49. More details here on Noise Industries website.
Topaz Labs has updated B&W Effects 2 to version 2.1. New features in version 2.1 include the following:
- A Zone System: Allows users to identify various zones in their images as well as observe the changes in zones as exposure and other adjustments are made.This is not an adjustment tool, but a visual aid.
- Borders: Prior versions of B&W Effects only had a choice of 2 borders: Solid Black or Solid White. This version adds many more options!
- Tone Quicktools: Similar to the Color Filter buttons, quicktools have been added for Silver and Paper toning for: Selenium, Cyanotype (Gold/Blue), Copper (Red), Sepia and Antique Dye
- Apply Button: This feature allows a user to apply changes without having to exit the program. Multiple presets can be applied one on top of another and so forth.
- Language Support: B&W v2.1 supports Spanish, French, German, (Brazilian) Portugese, Japanese and Chinese (Simplified and Taiwanese). If your machine has one of these languages set in the region/language settings, the UI will be rendered in that language.
The upgrade is free for existing users and is available at a discount through April 21, 2013. Use the coupon code bw21 to get 30% off Topaz B&W Effects 2 or the complete bundle on Topaz Labs’ website.