Dashwood Editor Essentials is a set of utility plugins for Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro, Motion and After Effects. The plugins can repair footage or do tasks that would normally require a lot of time and effort. Check out the video below for a closer look at the various tools.
Dashwood Editor Essentials is available from Noise Industries for $49. More details here on Noise Industries website.
Topaz Labs has updated B&W Effects 2 to version 2.1. New features in version 2.1 include the following:
- A Zone System: Allows users to identify various zones in their images as well as observe the changes in zones as exposure and other adjustments are made.This is not an adjustment tool, but a visual aid.
- Borders: Prior versions of B&W Effects only had a choice of 2 borders: Solid Black or Solid White. This version adds many more options!
- Tone Quicktools: Similar to the Color Filter buttons, quicktools have been added for Silver and Paper toning for: Selenium, Cyanotype (Gold/Blue), Copper (Red), Sepia and Antique Dye
- Apply Button: This feature allows a user to apply changes without having to exit the program. Multiple presets can be applied one on top of another and so forth.
- Language Support: B&W v2.1 supports Spanish, French, German, (Brazilian) Portugese, Japanese and Chinese (Simplified and Taiwanese). If your machine has one of these languages set in the region/language settings, the UI will be rendered in that language.
The upgrade is free for existing users and is available at a discount through April 21, 2013. Use the coupon code bw21 to get 30% off Topaz B&W Effects 2 or the complete bundle on Topaz Labs’ website.
Topaz photoFXlab Interface
Topaz has updated photoFXlab to version 1.2. In this latest version, you have the ability to save your project (layers using a new topaz file format), 3-party plug-in support (for select .8bf plug-ins), cropping grid overlay (stand-alone mode only), and Apple Aperture plug-in support.
If you aren’t familiar with photoFXlab, it is a standalone application that can also be accessed as a plugin. It allows you to work with layers of Topaz effects in a single interface.
Topaz has also extended the $50 savings through August 31. Just use the coupon code CreateFX at checkout on Topaz Labs’ website to get photoFXlab for $29.95.
Topaz ReMask is on sale for 30% off through Monday August 20, 2012. If you aren’t familiar with the plugin, ReMask is Topaz’s tool to help make selections in Photoshop for selective adjustments, removing unwanted objects, replacing backgrounds or repositioning elements.
To get the discount, use the coupon code “ProMasker” during checkout here on Topaz’s website.
Alien Skin Exposure 4 is a Photoshop and Lightroom plugin designed to give you the creative tools of film. The goal of the software is to give your photographs a more human feel with the ease of choosing a preset. [click to continue…]
Topaz photoFXlab Interface
Topaz is about to wrap up its $50 off deal on its new photoFXlab. After that, the price goes up to $79.99. Use the coupon code “FXlab” through 7/31/12 to get photoFXlab for $29.99.
Topaz photoFXlab is a standalone application that can also be accessed as a plugin. It allows you to work with layers of Topaz effects in a single interface. More details are available on Topaz’s website.