The Nikon 1 Nikkor 32mm f/1.2 is a new lens for the Nikon 1 Series mirrorless camera system. The lens was originally introduced in October 2012 as an “in development” unit.
The new 32mm f/1.2 lens is 86.4 mm equivalent in full frame format, which makes a is a nice length for portraits and the f/1.2 should produce better bokeh than any other lens currently in the Nikon 1 series.
1 NIKKOR 32mm f/1.2 Highlights
- Fixed 32mm focal length (86mm equivalent)
- Fastest lens in the 1 NIKKOR line with a wide max aperture of f/1.2
- First 1 NIKKOR lens equipped with Silent Wave Motor (SWM) to ensure quiet operation
- First 1 NIKKOR lens with a manual focus ring and M/A (AF with manual override function)
- First 1 NIKKOR lens sporting a Nano Crystal Coat to reduce instances of ghost and flare
- Compatibility with the entire Nikon 1 system (J1, J2, J3, S1, V1, V2)
The Nikon 1 Nikkor 32mm f/1.2 lens retails for for $899.95 and should be available in June 2013. Check availability here at Adorama and here at B&H Photo.
Nikon has updated Capture NX 2 to version 2.4.0 for both Mac and Windows. The new version includes the following updates:
- Support for RAW images captured with the Nikon 1 J3 and Nikon 1 S1 has been added.
- The following modifications have been made to White Balance in the Camera Settings portion of the Develop section in the Edit List palette.
- Underwater can now be selected from New WB. However, Underwater can only be selected for RAW images captured with a camera that supports Underwater white balance.
- Resulting colors have been corrected when Flash was selected from New WB for RAW images captured with the Nikon 1 V2.
- An issue that, in some rare cases, prevented display of some JPEG images has been resolved.
You can download the latest version from Nikon’s website.
DxO Optics Pro 8.1.2 is now available with additional support for the Canon 6D, Sony RX1 and Nikon 1 V2. Additionally, more than a hundred new camera/lens combinations have been added to the library, supporting additional Canon, Nikon, Sigma, Sony, Tamron and Tokina lenses for Canon, Nikon and Sony cameras.
There are also a number of New Year discounts available through January 31 across all versions of DxO Optics Pro software. More details here on DxO Labs’ website.
Nikon continues to push its 1 Series mirrorless system, and it looks like CES 2013 will be busy with a pair of new 1 Series camera – the Nikon 1 J3 and Nikon 1 S1.
According to Nikon Rumors, the Nikon 1 J3 will sport a 14MP sensor and otherwise be a slight bump in specs over the recently announced Nikon 1 J2. Additionally, the Nikon 1 S1 appears to be a new entry-level 1 Series model that sports a 10MP image sensor. This will place the J-series as a mid-level model and the V-series will remain the high-end model in the lineup, which is currently filled by the Nikon 1 V2.
[via Nikon Rumors]
Nikon has announced the Digiscoping Adapter DSA-N1 and Digiscoping Bracket DSB-N1 for its 1 Series mirrorless cameras. The adapters allow Nikon Fieldscopes to be used with Nikon 1 cameras.
More details in the press release below. [click to continue…]
B&H Photo has a serious bundle on the Nikon 1 V1 right now that includes:
- Nikon 1 V1 Camera
- Nikon 10-30mm Lens
- Nikon 10-100mm Lens
- Nikon 1 SB-N5 Speedlight
- Nikon FT1 Mount Adapter
- Nikon 1 Series Case
B&H has this bundle for $899 right now (compare to $1513 if purchased separate). If you’ve been holding off picking up a Nikon 1 Series kit, here’s your chance.