The Nikon 1 Nikkor 32mm f/1.2 is a new lens for the Nikon 1 Series mirrorless camera system. The lens was originally introduced in October 2012 as an “in development” unit.
The new 32mm f/1.2 lens is 86.4 mm equivalent in full frame format, which makes a is a nice length for portraits and the f/1.2 should produce better bokeh than any other lens currently in the Nikon 1 series.
1 NIKKOR 32mm f/1.2 Highlights
- Fixed 32mm focal length (86mm equivalent)
- Fastest lens in the 1 NIKKOR line with a wide max aperture of f/1.2
- First 1 NIKKOR lens equipped with Silent Wave Motor (SWM) to ensure quiet operation
- First 1 NIKKOR lens with a manual focus ring and M/A (AF with manual override function)
- First 1 NIKKOR lens sporting a Nano Crystal Coat to reduce instances of ghost and flare
- Compatibility with the entire Nikon 1 system (J1, J2, J3, S1, V1, V2)
The Nikon 1 Nikkor 32mm f/1.2 lens retails for for $899.95 and should be available in June 2013. Check availability here at Adorama and here at B&H Photo.
New rumors point to the launch of a Fujifilm X-Series mirrorless camera aimed toward the entry-level market. The new camera is expected to be smaller than the Fuji X-E1 and won’t feature a viewfinder. [click to continue…]
B&H has a solid deal on the Samsung NX1000 with the 20-50mm kit lens and the 50-200mm OIS lens for only $399 (reg. $699). This deal is set to expire May 18. Check it out here at B&H Photo.
Several Olympus Micro Four Thirds lenses are on sale now through May 11 at B&H with discounts up to $100 off. Check them all out here at B&H Photo.
After a full-on leak yesterday, Samsung has taken the official wraps off of the new NX2000 mirrorless camera. [click to continue…]
Zeiss has revealed its new line of lenses for mirrorless cameras in Sony’s NEX and Fuji’s X-Series line. The new lens line is branded as the Zeiss Touit (pronounced ”to it”) will launch with the Touit 2.8/12 and Touit 1.8/32. [click to continue…]