The Nikon 1 V2 is the latest in the 1 Series mirrorless system and it brings improved ergonomics, a new built-in flash and command mode dial to the table. The Nikon 1 V2 features a 14.2MP CX format sensor and captures 1080p HD video.
The V2 should be available in November 2012 for $899.95 with the included 10-30mm VR lens. You can find the V2 here at B&H Photo.
Alongside the V2, Nikon also introduced the SB-N7, a new i-TTL speedlight that is designed for connection on the V2’s hot shoe. The flash head tilts up to 120 degrees and provides guide number of 18 meters/59 feet at ISO 100. The SB-N7 is powered by AAA batteries and should be available in January 2013 for $159.95.
Nikon 1 V2 Key Features
- 14.2-megapixel CX-format CMOS Sensor alongside EXPEED 3A image processing engine
- Enhanced design featuring a traditional grip and new Command Dial
- New Direct Setting Control enables quick access to manual controls
- 73-point AF array
- High-speed continuous shooting with continuous AF approx. 15 fps up to 45 frames
- Enhanced Motion Snapshot Mode: Users can simultaneously capture a slow-motion movie sequence alongside a single image
- Best Moment Capture Mode: Allows individuals to use Slow View to slow down the image they are capturing
- Advance Movie Mode: Simultaneously shoot 1080p Full HD video and high-resolution stills of the same subject
- Also compatible with new SB-N7 speedlight, FT-1 Mount Adapter
Check out the official press release below. [Read more…]