Hasselblad has announced that the V System has reach the end of the line and the last 503CW medium format camera has rolled of the production line.
Going forward, Hasselblad will focus on the H System for medium format capture; however, the company made no announcement concerning the upcoming Lunar camera, which is based off the Sony NEX system, noting only, “Additionally we are focusing on new products for advanced enthusiasts.”
The Fotodiox RhinoCam is a new camera system that essentially converts Sony NEX cameras into a medium format-equivalent camera to deliver images up to 140MP using cameras like the Sony NEX-7.
More details, images and sample crops below. [click to continue…]
Phase One’s new IQ2 series launched today with three new 645 format digital backs. The Phase One IQ280, IQ260 and IQ260 Achromatic offer high-speed wireless connectivity with the ability to capture and view up to 80MP images on an iPad running Phase One’s Capture Pilot App. [click to continue…]
Leica introduced the new Leica S medium format camera alongside the Leica Super-Elmar-S 24 mm f/3.5 ASPH. super-wide, the Leica Vario-Elmar-S 30-90 mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH. and the Leica TS-APO- Elmar-S 120 mm f/5.6 ASPH. tilt/shift lens. at Photokina 2012.
The new Leica S features a medium format 37.5MP image sensor (that’s 30 x 45mm in physical size) and an improved sensitivity range over the Leica S2, now at ISO 100-1600. When used with Leica CS lenses the Leica S offers a flash sync speed of 1/1000s
The Leica S also has an upgraded AF system with predictive AF in tracking mode, as well as built-in GPS. Additional features include a 3-inch LCD at 920k-dot res and full sRGB color space and includes Lightroom 4 for processing its RAW files.
The Leica S should be available in December 2012 for $21,950. Check availability here at B&H Photo.
Hasselblad’s next-gen medium format H series will be the H5D series. Full details will be unveiled at Photokina 2012, but here is what we know now.
- New H System lens: HCD 4.8/24 mm, equivalent to 17 mm on 35 mm DSLR format
- New Macro Converter, for superb close-up performance with wide angle lenses
- RAW + JPEG mode for quick preview and print
- New True Focus II provides unique, accurate focus and Immediate Focus Confirm
- Full access to camera information and image preview on rear in tethered mode
- The largest, brightest viewfinder image on the market
- New larger, more ergonomic buttons and an easier to read display style
- New sealing for improved weather proofing plus new sensor unit safety lock
- Optional battery adapter for standalone operation of digital capture unit
- Ultimate image quality with Hasselblad Natural Color Solution
- A choice of software: Hasselblad Phocus 2.7 and Adobe Lightroom 4 both included
The H5D Series will be available as models with 40, 50 and 60 megapixels as well as 50 and 200 megapixel Multi-Shot versions and will start shipping in December 2012. More details will be available next week.
The new Pentax D FA 645 Macro 90mm F2.8 ED AW SR lens is designed for Pentax’s 645D medium format camera. The 90mm lens offers an equivalent focal length of 71mm compared to a standard full frame camera.
The macro capabilities of this new lens offers a maximum magnification of 0.5x. The D FA 90mm lens features Pentax’s new HD coating for higher light transmittance and reduced reflection. Additionally, the lens offers built-in Shake Reduction for up to 3.5 stops of compensation.
The Pentax D FA 645 Macro 90mm F2.8 ED AW SR will retail for $4499.95. Check availability here at B&H Photo.