The Bower 14mm f/2.8 and Bower 35mm f/1.4 lenses are on sale at B&H through December 5.
The Bower 14mm f/2.8 lens is $299 (reg. $379) and is available in Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Sony, Four Thirds and Samsung NX mounts. Check it out here at B&H Photo.
The Bower 35mm f/1.4 lens is $379 (reg. $449) and is also available in Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Sony, Four Thirds and Samsung NX mounts. Check it out here at B&H Photo.
43Rumors.com has uncovered an Olympus patent application that showcases a modular camera with separate components for lenses, bodies and sensor units. [click to continue…]
The Olympus EP-1 has received tremendous amounts of press since its release as the camera is truly the digital rangefinder that many people have been looking for. However, according to the British Journal of Photography via Photo Rumors there is both a pro Pen camera and a lower grade Pen camera in development.
I shot the above photo at last year’s PhotoPlus Expo. It was the prototype of the EP-1, or at least it was supposed to be. Olympus said that it was the prototype of their Micro 4/3rds camera. However, they never said which one it was a prototype for. Could it possibly be the one that will be aimed more towards consumers? [click to continue…]
This large aperture lens becomes a medium telephoto lens offering 100mm equivalent angle of view on Four Thirds cameras. The optimum optical design and molded glass aspherical lens elements provide excellent correction of coma aberration. It ensures superior peripheral brightness and provides sharp, high contrast images even at the maximum aperture. The Super Multi Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting. Superior optical performance is ensured throughout the focusing range. The rounded 9 blades diaphragm creates an attractive blur. This lens incorporates HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor), ensuring a quiet and high speed AF as well as full time manual focusing capability.
- Fast F1.4 aperture medium telephoto lens is ideal for portrait photography
- Provides sharp and high contrast images even at the maximum aperture
- Incorporates a molded glass aspherical lens, excellent for correcting coma aberration and creating
superior image quality
- Super Multi Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting
- The rounded 9 blades diaphragm creates an attractive blur
- HSM ensuring quiet and high speed AF with full time manual focusing
- Lens construction:8 elements 6 groups
- Angle of view:24.4 degrees
- Number of blades:9pcs
- Minimum aperture:F16
- Minimum Focusing Distance:45cm/17.7in.
- Maximum Magnification:1:7.4
- Filter Size:Ø77mm
- Lens Hood:Petal-type hood
- SIGMA DG UV 77mm
- SIGMA DG WIDE CIRCULAR PL 77mm
- LENS HOOD LH829-01 (Supplied)