Canon has issued a firmware update for the Canon 7D. Firmware version 2.0.5 incorporates the following fix.
1. Fixes a phenomenon in which the image files cannot be transferred using the FTP protocol via USB cable after the EOS 7D camera has established a wireless connection to the Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E5 (A/B/C/D).
You can download the firmware update here on Canon’s website.
The most recent firmware updates for the Nikon D3100, D3200, D5100, D5200 and P7700 appear to have caused some third-party batteries to stop working in these cameras. All of the cameras use the Nikon EN-EL14 and EN-EL14a batteries; however, there are many third-party batteries that match the EN-EL14′s design that are available for these cameras (often at reduced prices) as well. [Read more...]
Canon has issued firmware update for the 5D Mark III. Firmware Version 1.2.3 incorporates the following improvements and fixes.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the flash may not fire depending on the timing of when the shutter button is pressed.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the AF microadjustment value may change.*
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the LCD monitor may show a line of false color along boundaries of high contrast.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the histogram of a LiveView image is incorrectly displayed when an HDMI cable is connected.
- Enables the brightness of the camera’s LCD monitor to be adjusted even when an HDMI cable is connected.
*The phenomenon listed in 2 was addressed with Firmware Version 1.2.1, and has been further improved with Firmware Version 1.2.3.
Canon has announced that it will provide firmware upgrades for the 1D X and 1D C cameras starting in January 2014 and November 2013, respectively. The firmware updates for each of the cameras provide several new features. For the 1D X, firmware version 2.0 adds a number of AF improvements as well as other refinements. The 1D C firmware update adds lens communication enhancements as well as audio line-in recording.
Complete details in the press release below. [Read more...]
Canon has released new firmware for the EOS M. Firmware version 2.0.2 is supposed to address the AF speed issues that are so detrimental to the enjoyment of an otherwise good camera (read my EOS M Review). Additionally, it adds support for the new EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM lens.
Specifically, firmware version 2.0.2 adresses the following issues: [Read more...]