Fujifilm has announced firmware update version 4.0 to the Fuji X-T1, which includes features an advanced autofocus system for shooting moving subjects with improved AF accuracy for still image and video capture.
Other additions include eye detection during AF, enhanced shutter speed dial operation, exposure compensation in manual mode and finer framing grid lines for enhanced visibility and image composition. [Read more…]
Panasonic GH4 firmware version 2.2, which provides a 4:3 anamorphic image capture at 3328 x 2496 video resolution, is now available. Additional features in the new firmware update include the ability to manually select a 1/16,000 second shutter speed using the electronic shutter of the GH4.
Additionally, firmware version 2.2 fixes the issue in which video recorded in the AVCHD format gets misdated when importing to some editing software.
Atomos has updated its Shogun HDMI and HD-SDI 4K recorder with several new features as part of a free upgrade to AtomOS 6.2.
The new features include:
- 3D LUTs
- Avid DNxHR and DNxHD for 4K and HD capture, respectively
- 4K to HD downscale
- Playback preview w/ 2:1 zoom
- Revamped audio meters
The new update is available now and can be downloaded for free on the Atomos website.
Canon recently issued a firmware update for the 5D Mark III to version 1.3.3. The new firmware provides for the following improvements and fixes:
- Improves the AF controllability when shooting in Live View mode with a wide-angle lens (fixed focal length or zoom).
- Corrects some incorrect indications on the “English” and “Russian” menu screens.
You can download the firmware here on Canon’s website.
The Canon 6D has received a firmware update to version 1.1.6, which includes the following fixes:
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the camera may not first use the center AF point to focus, when the AF point selection is set to automatic in AI Servo AF mode.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which focus cannot be finely adjusted with specific lenses when shooting remotely with EOS Utility software.
- Corrects some Ukrainian language displayed on the menu for ISO Setting.
You can download the firmware update here on Canon’s website.