Canon has issued a firmware update for the EOS 1D X. Firmware version 2.0.8 provides the following fix:
- Fixes a phenomenon which occurs when the “Shutter button half-press” menu item, configured in “C.Fn5: Operation” > “Custom Controls Menu”, is set to metering start only; depending on when the shutter button is half-pressed, it may initiate AutoFocus.
You can download the firmware update here on Canon’s website.
Syrp has updated the firmware for the original Genie to version 2.6. The new firmware adds teh ability to connect two Genies together for 2-axis control (pan and track).
Also included in this update is enhanced preview accuracy, ‘non real-time’ preview and the ability to turn the LCD off during a recording, along with other bug fixes.
The new firmware can be downloaded from Syrp’s support page.
Nikon has issued a firmware update for its new P900 superzoom. Firmware version 1.2 provides the following improvements:
- An effort was made to fix an issue that prevented the shutter being released using the optional ML-L3 remote control when a person or object was immediately behind the camera. You should nevertheless select Off for EVF auto toggle in the camera setup menu when using the ML-L3.
- Fixed a bug that caused the shutter to be released only once if the optional ML-L3 remote control was operated during movie recording, after which movie recording could not be ended using the movie-record button.
You can download the firmware update here on Nikon’s website.
The RED EPIC and SCARLET cameras have finally received the ability to shoot dedicated still image R3D raw files. The feature is now available in firmware versions 6.0.x and later. [Read more…]
The previously announced Fuji X-T1 firmware update version 4.0 is now available. The new firmware features an advanced autofocus system for shooting moving subjects with improved AF accuracy for still image and video capture.
Other additions include eye detection during AF, enhanced shutter speed dial operation, exposure compensation in manual mode and finer framing grid lines for enhanced visibility and image composition.
Specific firmware update notes are as follows: [Read more…]
Blackmagic Design has issued Blackmagic Camera Update 2.4, which adds a few new features to the Blackmagic Production Camera 4K as follows:
- Updated camera utility
- Adds support for more frame guides option
- Holding down MENU will bypass the Dashboard
You can download the updated camera firmware here on Blackmagic’s website.