The most recent firmware updates for the Nikon D3100, D3200, D5100, D5200 and P7700 appear to have caused some third-party batteries to stop working in these cameras. All of the cameras use the Nikon EN-EL14 and EN-EL14a batteries; however, there are many third-party batteries that match the EN-EL14′s design that are available for these cameras (often at reduced prices) as well. [click to continue…]
Canon has issued firmware update for the 5D Mark III. Firmware Version 1.2.3 incorporates the following improvements and fixes.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the flash may not fire depending on the timing of when the shutter button is pressed.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the AF microadjustment value may change.*
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the LCD monitor may show a line of false color along boundaries of high contrast.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the histogram of a LiveView image is incorrectly displayed when an HDMI cable is connected.
- Enables the brightness of the camera’s LCD monitor to be adjusted even when an HDMI cable is connected.
*The phenomenon listed in 2 was addressed with Firmware Version 1.2.1, and has been further improved with Firmware Version 1.2.3.
Canon has announced that it will provide firmware upgrades for the 1D X and 1D C cameras starting in January 2014 and November 2013, respectively. The firmware updates for each of the cameras provide several new features. For the 1D X, firmware version 2.0 adds a number of AF improvements as well as other refinements. The 1D C firmware update adds lens communication enhancements as well as audio line-in recording.
Complete details in the press release below. [click to continue…]
Nikon has released a firmware update for the Nikon Coolpix P7100 advanced compact camera. Firmware version 1.1 provides the following modifications: [click to continue…]
Panasonic has issued firmware updates for its GH3 and G5 mirroreless cameras.
Firmware version 1.2 for the Panasonic GH3 provides for the following improvements: [click to continue…]