Dashwood Editor Essentials is a set of utility plugins for Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro, Motion and After Effects. The plugins can repair footage or do tasks that would normally require a lot of time and effort. Check out the video below for a closer look at the various tools.
Dashwood Editor Essentials is available from Noise Industries for $49. More details here on Noise Industries website.
Topaz Labs has updated B&W Effects 2 to version 2.1. New features in version 2.1 include the following:
- A Zone System: Allows users to identify various zones in their images as well as observe the changes in zones as exposure and other adjustments are made.This is not an adjustment tool, but a visual aid.
- Borders: Prior versions of B&W Effects only had a choice of 2 borders: Solid Black or Solid White. This version adds many more options!
- Tone Quicktools: Similar to the Color Filter buttons, quicktools have been added for Silver and Paper toning for: Selenium, Cyanotype (Gold/Blue), Copper (Red), Sepia and Antique Dye
- Apply Button: This feature allows a user to apply changes without having to exit the program. Multiple presets can be applied one on top of another and so forth.
- Language Support: B&W v2.1 supports Spanish, French, German, (Brazilian) Portugese, Japanese and Chinese (Simplified and Taiwanese). If your machine has one of these languages set in the region/language settings, the UI will be rendered in that language.
The upgrade is free for existing users and is available at a discount through April 21, 2013. Use the coupon code bw21 to get 30% off Topaz B&W Effects 2 or the complete bundle on Topaz Labs’ website.
Alongside Media Composer 7, Avid has unveiled the new Pro Tools 11 with a serious set of upgrades under the hood, including 64-bit architecture and a new audio engine that offers much more processing power over Pro Tools 10.
Highlights of new features in Pro Tools 11 include the following: [click to continue…]
FxFactory PRO v4 is a plug-in for popular NLE editors like Final Cut Pro X, FCP 7 and Premiere Pro CS6. I have been using FxFactory PRO v4 for a few months now in both FCP X and Premier Pro CS6. While it also works in After Effects and Motion, my use has been limited to NLEs.
FxFactory PRO v4 uses the FxFactory plug-in manager for installation and updates. I have used several plug-ins with FxFactory and find it to be one of the easiest installation processes to use with NLE plug-ins. [click to continue…]
Check out the above video for a sneak peak on some of the work being done by Adobe Research and the University of Michigan. PixelTone is an experimental interface for image editing.
Photo editing can be a challenging task, and it becomes even more difficult on the small, portable screens of mobile devices that are now frequently used to capture and edit images. To address this problem we present PIXELTONE, a multimodal photo editing interface that combines speech and direct manipulation. We observe existing image editing practices and derive a set of principles that guide our design. In particular, we use natural language for expressing desired changes to an image, and sketching to localize these changes to specific regions.
You can read more on PixelTone in a 9-page research paper that documents the development of this multimodel interface.
Some news I missed back during the CES 2013 onslaught was the release of Boris Continuum Complete 8 FxPlug for Final Cut Pro X. Boris Continuum Complete 8 FxPlug offers the popular Boris effects, graphics, templates and transitions to FCP X.
BCC 8 FxPlug is available for $995 direct from Boris. Owners of prior versions of BCC FxPlug can upgrade for $295.
More details on what’s in BCC 8 FxPlug for FCP X in the press release below. [click to continue…]