Rumors and photos of an alleged Olympus E-430 have surfaced on the web. The E-430 would most likely serve as a step-up to the outdated E-330. If this is true, it may be a sign of things to come for the E-410 and E-510 successors. Interestingly, the E-430 would go a long way in bridging the gap between the E-330 and E-410. Maybe Olympus has the idea of consolidating its camera line? Other than the unique body design, some of the headline features are as follows:
- New 12MP Live MOS sensor and TruePic III processor
- CCD-shift image stabilization
- Live View
- Flip-out and up 2.5″ TFT LCD monitor
- Faster USB interface (‘real’ USB 2.0 speed)
- Wired remote option
- Slightly higher continuous shooting frame rate and larger raw buffer
Stay tuned to this page for the latest news and rumors on the Olympus E-430.
2/18/08: Camera Town reports that this rumor looks like a hoax. I tend to agree. Read the post on Camera Town for more.