Nikon has released ViewNX 2.7.5 and Capture NX 2.4.2, which fix a bug with Nikon D600 files as described below.
When RAW images captured with a D600 running C firmware Ver. 1.01 at an Image area setting of DX (24×16) 1.5× and any Active D-Lighting setting other than Off were opened in Capture NX 2, a bright (whitish) diagonal line was visible. This issue has been resolved.
You can down the updates from Nikon’s website at the following links: ViewNX 2.7.5 | Capture NX 2.4.2
Nikon has updated Capture NX 2 to version 2.4.0 for both Mac and Windows. The new version includes the following updates:
- Support for RAW images captured with the Nikon 1 J3 and Nikon 1 S1 has been added.
- The following modifications have been made to White Balance in the Camera Settings portion of the Develop section in the Edit List palette.
- Underwater can now be selected from New WB. However, Underwater can only be selected for RAW images captured with a camera that supports Underwater white balance.
- Resulting colors have been corrected when Flash was selected from New WB for RAW images captured with the Nikon 1 V2.
- An issue that, in some rare cases, prevented display of some JPEG images has been resolved.
You can download the latest version from Nikon’s website.
Nikon has released updates for View NX 2 and Capture NX 2.
Nikon ViewNX 2.6.0 update adds the following improvement:
- Focus points are now displayed in images captured with a Nikon 1 camera.
Nikon Capture NX 2.3.5 adds the following improvements:
- Support for RAW images captured with the Nikon 1 V2 has been added.
- Support for Mac OS X version 10.8 has been added.
You can download the updates via the following links:
Nikon recently made an announcement concerning its software compatibility with Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion. Some older versions of Nikon software are getting left behind, including Capture NX version 1.x, ViewNX version 1.x and Camera Control Pro version 1.x.
Check out the full statement on software compatibility issues below. [click to continue…]