Rokinon’s new 16mm f/4 ED AS UMC CS lens is now available for pre-order for $479 with expected availability on August 8. This lens is built for APS-C sensors. As such, the Canon EF-S version offers a field of view equivalent to 25.6mm on a full frame camera. While Nikon, Sony, Fuji X-Series and other APS-C cameras will get a 24mm equivalent field of view. Check it out here at B&H Photo.
Holy cow! What a lens for APS-C shooters if this is for real.
The Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM lens appears to have leaked out ahead of an official announcement. The lens would be a boon to Nikon D7100 and Canon 7D shooters if this turns out to be real. With the crop factor taken into account, we would be looking at a field of view equivalent of a 27-52.5mm lens on a full frame camera.
And that’s at a constant f/1.8 aperture throughout the range! [Read more...]
Ricoh has announced the new Ricoh GR, a 16.2MP compact APS-C camera. It features an 18.3mm lens (28mm equivalent) and has no optical low-pass filter.
Ricoh GR Key Features
- 16.2MP APS-C Format CMOS Sensor
- GR ENGINE V Image Processor
- No Optical Low-pass Filter
- 18.3mm f/2.8 Lens (28mm Equivalent)
- 3.0″ 1,230k-dot White Magic LCD Screen
- Full HD 1080p Video Capture
- ISO Range of 100-25600
- High Speed AF and 4 fps Burst Shooting
- Image Effects and Macro Mode
- Compact Magnesium Alloy Body