The Sigma Corporation is pleased to announce the new APO TELE CONVERTER 1.4x EX DG and APO TELE CONVERTER 2x EX DG for Sony mount. The new tele converters are capable of maintaining the HSM function of such telephoto lenses as Sigma’s APO 70-200mm F2.8 II EX DG MACRO HSM and APO 50-150mm F2.8 II EX DC HSM whilst increasing the focal length by a factor of 1.4x or 2x. Of course, the HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) AF compatibility depends on the capability of the Sony SLR camera to support this function and on the maximum F number of the attached lens. The Super Multi Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting and the exclusive design maintains the master lens’ high level performance while extending its focal length. Compact and lightweight, these tele converters are a convenient way of increasing the focal length of HSM telephoto lenses.
* If non-HSM lenses are used, focusing can be achieved in manual mode only.
* AF function will not be supported when Sigma’s earlier non HSM Sony fitting tele converters are used.
- Dedicated tele converter for telephoto lenses incorporating HSM
- Exclusive design maintains the master lens’ high level performance
- Super Multi Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting