The Sony A77 II is a new APS-C format SLT camera that continues the lines trend of using Sony’s Translucent Mirror Technology. The A77 II features a new AF system with 79 AF points and 15 cross-type AF points, along with a revised 24.3MP Exmor CMOS sensor with gapless on-chip lenses as found in the A7R and A6000. [Read more...]
A newly-leaked spy shot of a Hasselblad SLR looks to be yet another Sony camera with a fancy facelift. However, this time, the camera looks like an Alpha A-mount camera.
B&H has 7 great deals on cameras and lenses that expire this Saturday, January 4, 2014. Check them all out below.
1. Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM lens for $1699 (reg. $2299). This low deal price is after instant and mail-in rebates. Click “More Details” & add $300 MIR to receive $600 savings.
2. Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM lens for $319 (reg. $419)
3. Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM lens for $299 (reg. $399)
4. Canon Rebel T5i w/ 18-55mm IS STM lens for $699 (reg. $899)
5. Sony A77 with 18-135mm lens for $1098 (reg. $1398)
7. Canon PowerShot ELPH 530 HS for $99.99 (reg. 319)
Rumored specs of the upcoming A77 successor, which will presumably carry the A79 badge suggest that it will sport a whopping 32MP APS-C sensor. Recall that prior rumors (which are still standing strong) pointed to an A-mount camera that eschewed the current translucent mirror technology in favor of a full-on mirrorless design. [Read more...]
The rumors have been out there for a while – Sony is done with the Translucent Mirror Technology and going full mirrorless in its Alpha A-mount cameras. As impressive as the Sony A77 and A99 have been, they may very well be a dying breed in the Sony Alpha lineup. A recently published patent application seems to offer solid support for these rumors as well. [Read more...]
Several deals are available on Sony Alpha DSLRs through Feb. 9, 2013. Check them out below. [Read more...]