We live in a day when fantastic image quality is available to everyone and at just about every price point. The market turnover on cameras is a blessing and a curse.
The curse being that it breeds GAS (gear acquisition syndrome). Of course, there are several blessings, including increasingly greater quality and, of course, used gear is available cheap on the second-hand market.
Now you, dear readers, tell us what is your pick for the best camera under $500. Use the comment section below and link to your source for the selling price.
Top Camera Rules
- It can be new or used.
- Instant and mail-in rebates count.
- If the camera is used and part of an auction on ebay, the selling price must be realistically under $500 if its an ongoing auction (completed listings are ok too).
- The seller must be a trusted seller, not one of the bait & switch guys that gets hammered on Reseller Ratings.
- If it’s a SLR, DSLR or mirrorless, it doesn’t have to include a lens.
- Old film cameras are totally fine too. Just remember you’ve to a $500 budget to get the best bang for your buck.
- Link to the listing and leave a reason why it’s the best camera under $500 for you.
The voting ends Sunday night. We’ll do a roundup next week of the top picks.