The new Nikon AF-S 400mm f/2.8E FL ED VR lens & TC-14E III teleconverter are now available for pre-order and will ship later this month on August 28. Both were announced back in May 2014. You can find the Nikon AF-S 400mm f/2.8E FL ED VR lens here at B&H Photo. [Read more...]
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 400mm f/2.8E FL ED VR Feature Highlights
- New professional grade telephoto option for professional and passionate photographers
- Nearly two pounds lighter, yet more durable than its predecessor; ideal for shooting sports, action and wildlife
- Improved AF, exposure accuracy and speed.
- Vibration Reduction (VR) technology with up to four stops of image stabilization
- Contains two fluorite elements, two Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) glass elements and Nano Crystal Coat
- Features an electronic diaphragm, allowing for stable exposure even during high speed shooting
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- VR Image Stabilization with Sport Mode
- Silent Wave Motor and MF Override
- Fluorine-Coated Front Meniscus Element
- Weather-Resistant Magnesium Alloy Barrel
- Removable Monopod Collar
The new 400mm lens will be available in August 2014 for $11,999.95. Check it out here at B&H Photo.
Recent rumors suggest that a new version of the popular Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L IS lens might be coming soon. Reports note that the current version, which has been around since 1993, is difficult to source, which could mean supply is being neutered in preparation for the next version of this lens.
Northlight Images has word that Canon may be introducing an updated version of the EF 400mm f/5.6L lens prior to Photokina 2012. This lens has been around for quite a while and it is relatively affordable for an L-series telephoto lens. It will be interesting to see whether Canon puts an Image Stabilization system in the new version if the rumors are true and just how much the price will rise over the current version.
Today, Canon announced updated availability dates for five of its delayed EF lenses.
- Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM lens is scheduled to be available in late July 2011
- Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM lens is scheduled to be available in late August 2011
- Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II USM lens is scheduled to be available in late August 2011
- Canon EF 500mm F4L IS II USM lens is scheduled to be available in December 2011
- Canon EF 600mm F4L IS II USM lens is also scheduled to be available in December 2011