Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 400mm f/2.8E FL ED VR Feature Highlights
- New professional grade telephoto option for professional and passionate photographers
- Nearly two pounds lighter, yet more durable than its predecessor; ideal for shooting sports, action and wildlife
- Improved AF, exposure accuracy and speed.
- Vibration Reduction (VR) technology with up to four stops of image stabilization
- Contains two fluorite elements, two Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) glass elements and Nano Crystal Coat
- Features an electronic diaphragm, allowing for stable exposure even during high speed shooting
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- VR Image Stabilization with Sport Mode
- Silent Wave Motor and MF Override
- Fluorine-Coated Front Meniscus Element
- Weather-Resistant Magnesium Alloy Barrel
- Removable Monopod Collar
The new 400mm lens will be available in August 2014 for $11,999.95. Check it out here at B&H Photo.
Recent rumors suggest that a new version of the popular Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L IS lens might be coming soon. Reports note that the current version, which has been around since 1993, is difficult to source, which could mean supply is being neutered in preparation for the next version of this lens.