ebay (via getitdigital) has the Canon 1D X for $5649.99 (reg. $6799). Check it out here on ebay.
Canon has issued a firmware update for the EOS 1D X with lots of AF impovements. Firmware version 2.0.3 incorporates the following improvements and fixes.
- Auto focusing performance under low-light conditions has been enhanced when performing focusing before shooting in AI Servo AF mode. The enhancement comes from the improvement in tracking capability for the first image in the low-light conditions.
- The number of release parameters settings for the “AI Servo AF 2nd image priority” AF function has been increased to enable improved AF tracking in low light or maintain consistent high frames rates during continuous shooting.
- The number of parameters for acceleration/deceleration tracking in the AF Configuration Tool will has been increased.
- Exposure compensation can be performed when using manual exposure and ISO Auto.
- The minimum shutter speed limit for ISO Auto has been increased with shutter speeds up to 1/8000.
- A new function to keep the exposure constant by altering the ISO or shutter speed in manual exposure, when the aperture value changes when zooming or changing lenses has been added.
- A new option has been added to orientation linked AF point to enable only the AF point to switch as you change orientation rather than both AF point/ AF area settings
- A new option to continue to use the previously manually selected AF point as the initial starting AF point when switching to 61-point automatic selection has been added.
- New customization of the Exposure metering and AF controls has been added for more flexibility.
- The number of possibilities for controls to switch between one-shot AF and AI Servo AF using custom controls has been increased.
- A function has been added to allow the playback and review of protected images only.
- A phenomenon has been fixed in which the white balance may be disturbed by the timing of the shutter release when the drive mode is single shooting and a flash (E-TTL)is used.
You can download the firmware update and get instructions on how to install it here on Canon’s website.
Canon has announced that it will provide firmware upgrades for the 1D X and 1D C cameras starting in January 2014 and November 2013, respectively. The firmware updates for each of the cameras provide several new features. For the 1D X, firmware version 2.0 adds a number of AF improvements as well as other refinements. The 1D C firmware update adds lens communication enhancements as well as audio line-in recording.
Complete details in the press release below. [click to continue…]
I received word yesterday from a reliable source that a pre-production high resolution Canon DSLR is currently undergoing field testing. The camera is a pro-sized body like the 1D X.
The resolution of the sensor is greater than 75MP.
Wow. [click to continue…]
Canon USA has issued a product advisory for the Canon 1D X and 1D C cameras due to wear caused by insufficient lubrication. The wear can result in AF failures and blurry images in the viewfinder.
Read the full product advisory from Canon below. [click to continue…]
Canon has issued an update for the EOS 1D X. Firmware Version 1.2.4 incorporates the following functional improvements and fixes: [click to continue…]