Originally uploaded by -UnSeEn.
What an great portrait capture!
Shot with a Nikon D40 and 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II AF-S DX.
1/60s, f/4.5, ISO 200, 32mm focal length.
[tags]photo of the day, portrait, pic, photo, girl, nikon, d40[/tags]
All the buzz is about the Canon “40D” but it just might be a 50D instead. Here’s why:
1. Canon doesn’t like 4′s. Case in point the new Canon S5 IS. Canon jumped from the S3 IS to the S5 IS. What happened to the S4 IS? Canon isn’t the only one; Fuji went from the S3 to the S5 with now S4 in between. What gives?!
2. It would get confused with the Nikon D40 and D40x. Canon and Nikon’s model numbers are confusing enough with D30, D60, 10D, 40D, 50D and everything else in between. Why do Canon and Nikon have to confuse us so?!
3. Canon wants to be sneaky. Remember the introduction of the 1D Mk III? It was a bit of a shocker because Canon Hong Kong had supposedly slipped up and posted a placemarker on its site for the 40D. They were indulging the rumor mill to keep the 1D Mk III under the radar.
4. The 5D needs a little brother. Could this be the push to full frame in the prosumer and up Canon models? I dunno. How about splitting the 5D with a higher-end 3D and a lower prosumer-level 50D?
5. The 40D has been rumored for so long, that Canon will just skip that model altogether and go right to the 50D.
Please note that this post is blatant speculation with a little bit of fun mixed in.
[tags]canon, 40d, 50d, news, rumors, dslr, digital camera[/tags]
As you probably know by now, there’s been a rumor explosion over the past few days on the Nikon D3. Unfortunately, the rumors being reported as “hot” have been around for a couple of weeks and up to a month or so in some cases. Just check Google News for nikon d3 to see a sample, let alone the blog searches.
It seems that the “Rumors” about an 18.7 mega pixel Nikon with a 1.1 sensor seem to be known to the people at Pentax. When I brought up the new Nikon they weren’t at all surprised and said “Yes, a 1.1 sensor of 18.7 mega pixels…”
Take it for what ever that is worth. The implications could be interesting.
That’s the only thing that’s truly new in all that I’ve seen on the blog and news wires over the past several days. As always, I’ll keep you posted when something new hits the fan.
[tags]nikon, d3, d3x, d3h, rumor, news, digital camera[/tags]
UPDATE: The Nikon D3x is now a real camera. You can read about it on Photography Bay’s Nikon D3x Reviews and Resources.
You can order the Nikon D3x at the following online stores:
Over the past several months we’ve really seen the Nikon D3 rumors heating up. While we know that they go back to 2003 or so, PMA really stirred the pot this year with the now infamous Jim Seaholm rumor.
I’m not reporting any further rumors today. In fact, it’s been rather quiet on the rumor mill this week. Hmm….does that mean something? ;)
I just wanted to pass along some impressive renditions of Norm Olsen’s Nikon D3x Concept. Norm originally posted these shots in the forums over at DPReview.com. Someone actually suggested to Norm that these we’ll end up as the next “leaked” evidence for the D3. I contacted Norm to see if he would allow me to feature these concept renditions here. I thought it would be cool to feature these renditions here for a couple of reasons.
First, as much as I love a good rumor or two, if I can track down something bogus and keep it from propagating more rumors, then all the better. Second, and perhaps more importantly, I think Norm’s work here is really cool. He has obviously spent a lot of time making this look great. Norm’s disclaimer:
I am a digital graphic artist coming from a decade-long run in the electronic gaming industry. I never worked for Nikon, nor am I some top secret tester having possession of any D3 prototypes.
I really dig this LCD screen. I think it’s got a lot of great potential. I’m really big on getting info quick and clear. I think Norm’s onto something here.
Here, we get a glimpse into the amount of detail and effort that went into this impressive rendition.
Norm welcomes any feedback. Feel free to comment here or join the forum discussion over at DPReview.com.
Finally, do Norm and the rest of us a favor. If you see these shots accompanying some rumor mill on the Nikon D3, let us know. In the mean time, dream on.
UPDATE 6/8/07: Just when I thought things were quiet this week, Norm’s renderings found there way into the rumor mill. Also, you can find them on Cnet (with the disclosure that they really are fictitious renderings).
[tags]nikon, d3, d3x, artist, rendition, concept, rumors[/tags]