Sony NEX-FS100 for $2499 - Deal Alert | News | Forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
Sony NEX-FS100 for $2499 - Deal Alert
Read the original blog post
July 16, 2014
4:54 pm
Eric Reagan
Admin
Forum Posts: 2371

Sony FS100

B&H has the Sony NEX-FS100 now for $2499 after a $1500 price drop. The FS100 also includes a free Metabones EF lens to Sony NEX Smart Adapter through September 30. Check it out here at B&H Photo.

July 18, 2014
4:41 am
Majid Naghdi photogr

NEX-FS100 interchangeable lens camcorder featuring a
Super 35mm sensor.
For even more creative flexibility, the NEX-FS100 also enables extended continuous recording and
simultaneous recording of HD video footage for instant backup with an HXR-FMU128 Flash Memory Unit.
The sensor also features the optimum number of effective pixels for shooting HD
moving images. At a high 50fps in all-pixel scan mode, this allows images to be
captured with less color aliasing, jaggedness and rolling shutter than regular
DSLR cameras, while providing the sensitivity to shoot at a minimum illumination of
0.28lux*1
. Another advantage of "Exmor" technology is minimal noise when shooting
low-light scenes.Lens choices on this camera are a nightmare, almost exclusively because of the ND filter situation. The FS100 is a low-light champion, even more so than your DSLR and this is great. Except that, with no built-in ND filters you’re now even more stumped than ever when trying to work out what lens to use with your new box. You’re almost press-ganged into buying a matte box and filters to use the damn thing. Or you just have to plump for the kit lens and live with it. ND is proving to be an all mighty pain in the ass.

July 18, 2014
2:30 pm
brian

Have to think that these aren't selling well these days with the buzz surrounding 4K acquisition... it's a great camera, and I believe (in the right hands) it can be better than a 5DMk3. Doesn't shoot RAW, but the NEX adapters do offer HUGE amounts of flexibility - even more so than M4/3.

I was going to purchase one of these a few months back, but I simply would not have used it enough for shooting over my current gear and couldn't justify the price tag. Will think about it again, however likely will pass. My next camera will likely be 4K capable, even if just for better 720 and/or 1080 final output purposes.

Would pick this up over a used one for sure... and now the used market should drop in price dramatically as well, I would think. Likely best to just hold onto them if anyone has one - it's a great "B-cam" even when paired with an FS700.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 464

Currently Online:
11 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

eriemer: 6

byroninedmonton: 3

Cristi: 2

photography: 2

Kortney Jarman: 2

realkit2003: 2

fuster: 2

moniteur: 2

marcus: 2

dswatson83: 2

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 1075

Members: 390

Moderators: 0

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 5

Topics: 2268

Newest Members: Anip, adiynadavids, leewis.nathan, Stevo, WoodyGumbo, DGINDIO, passosm, pixelhk, UFOZEPP, dan821

Administrators: Eric Reagan: 2371