If anybody is going to do it, it would be Sony.
The same company that jumped out in front with the NEX-VG10, then the FS100, and then the high frame rate FS700 that shook everything up could be stirring another big pot with a full frame camera that shoots 120 fps at 1080p.
Moreover, SonyAlphaRumors.com reports on potential specifications that include 1080p video at 50Mbps at 4:2:2 sampling, among other highly sought after video specs noted below.
Sony A99 Rumored Video Specs
- AVCHD2.0 format ,below 1080p it have the Bit rate of 50Mbps, 4:2:2 sampling
- 1080P with the highest 120fps,at 720P, the highest is 240FPS
- MP4 format still 35Mbps
- center focus all the lens can use the biggest Aperture. others still F3.5
- except P model, A,S model can also auto-focus but M model still MF
- 4 times zoom in during 1080P can be captured
- multi-recording can take a 2.4Megapixels during recording
- HDMI can be Non-destructive Output new shoe can fit the wireless(bluetooth) mic
- except the high speed model,other model Maximum recording time is 29min 59s
- Time code support
That reads more like a wish list than an actual spec sheet for a DSLR-style camera. But if anyone would drop this in a sub-$5k DSLR, Sony would. Expect lots more noise from Sony in the lead-up to Photokina 2012.
Most Users Ever Online: 464
Kortney Jarman: 2
Guest Posters: 915
Newest Members: Johnson83, skyml, opwan, pgermanis, hjalmarg1, Sarah Jensen, bz6djs, scan, scanav, waxhouse
Administrators: Eric Reagan (1957)