Nokia Lumia 1020 Smartphone Unveiled with 41MP Sensor and Robust Camera Features | News | Forum

email

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
Nokia Lumia 1020 Smartphone Unveiled with 41MP Sensor and Robust Camera Features
Read the original blog post
July 11, 2013
2:20 pm
Eric Reagan
Admin
Forum Posts: 1796

Nokia Lumia 1020

Smartphone cameras are getting serious. Just as I've been working on a review of the Lumia 920 (preview: the camera is solid), Nokia goes and releases the new Lumia 1020.

NUSA-Lumia1020-PP-Hero-Image-Carousel-2000x1000-05-jpg

The Lumia 1020 features a 41MP PureView sensor that provides the camera with a 6x zoom while still maintaining decent…

email
July 11, 2013
4:22 pm
Darren Kelly

Sounds and looks great. Just one little problem…….

WINDOWS 8?

If they had put Android on it, it would have sold like no tomorrow. I'm not changing operating systems on my phone to the 5th place finisher in a 4 OS race.

Somebody smart needs to hack this thing to run Android. They'd make a fortune.

Too bad.

email
July 12, 2013
9:17 am
Cristian

Think the same! It's a shame Nokia make so good hardware with so bad software!

email
July 12, 2013
8:32 pm
EricB

Checked out the Nokia site, seems the output format is JPEG only.. Crying shame to have 41mp images and no RAW… Now that definitely needs modding.

I'd sooner have dual OS boot than a complete replacement OS I think.

email
July 13, 2013
7:17 am
Jack Smith

41mp camera will definitely give a rise in the selling of Lumia 1020.the sleek body design is best.
Disappointment is with That the phone does not come in black color.Black is most used color in mobile phones.

email
July 22, 2013
3:08 am
Tarn Smith

There is ALOT to be desired with this unit. If you are looking for a big league player in this tiny ball park I would suggest you look at the Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom. It is a full on Galaxy S4 Mini but with 10x Optical zoom! It has a larger sensor than the Nokia, it runs Android 4.2 Jellybean, it uses optical zoom rather than the Nokia's digital zoom, makes phone calls, and is Samsung's second generation of Smartphone/Digital camera hybrid so you can be sure there are no bugs.
Check it out:
http://samsungcamera.com/samsu…..re-taking/

email
Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 464

Currently Online:
10 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

eriemer: 6

byroninedmonton: 3

Cristi: 2

photography: 2

moniteur: 2

catfish252: 2

Kortney Jarman: 2

dswatson83: 2

stevenjoen: 2

marcus: 2

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 804

Members: 320

Moderators: 0

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 5

Topics: 1732

Newest Members: cwilliams, fxks323, Hunter McRae, ojarshiz, pieropereira, HenryRamosELP, ricky6120, jensjk, preethi

Administrators: Eric Reagan (1796)