Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
Nikon Df Appears Briefly on Amazon; Body-Only Priced at $2750
Read the original blog post
November 4, 2013
7:08 pm
Eric Reagan
Admin
Forum Posts: 1778

Nikon Df on Amazon

Amazon let the cat out of the bag a little early after it showed up on a product listing earlier today. The price for the body only is $2750, while the Nikon Df with the new 50mm f/1.8G lens is $3000. Additionally, the main features of the camera were confirmed.

Nikon Df…

email
November 4, 2013
8:49 pm
Isoruku

"Price point"? Is that the same as "price"?

email
November 4, 2013
8:54 pm
Darren Kelly

We'll,

The money is not leaving my wallet anytime soon. Nikon continues to miss the mark. The D800 is spot on, so is the D7100. What else have they done right lately.

The Nikon 1 system is a flop. Everyone except Canon is kicking their rears in mirrorless.

The Retro craze….. Give the award to Fuji, Olympus and even Panasonic.

Small dslrs….. The award goes to Canon or Olympus.

Nope, this is another miss by a mile. If it was $1600 with the 50mm 1.8, it would be a winner, but not at $3K.

Greedy, greedy Nikon

The Cameraguy

email
November 4, 2013
9:01 pm
Steve

So it's a full-frame D7000/D7100 with a retro-body and manual dials. $3000 – THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS – maybe lots of pros with big budgets and sponsorships may think that's not a lot of money. (Hm, let me see… there's Joe McNally… and… um, anyone else?) But for the "rest of us" this is a hell of lot of money of a status symbol.
I completely agree with Darren here that if it was even below $2K, it would be a winner. But $3K? That's absurd. Just my (poor-azz) humble opinion.

email
November 4, 2013
9:38 pm
Adam

Nice idea and great looks but for this price I would expect the same video as D4 and built in wifi and gps (as they are becoming somewhat standard features) and/or possibly a better autofocus system if it had video for the video (like what Canon released a few months back on their SLR).

email
Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 464

Currently Online:
15 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

eriemer: 6

byroninedmonton: 3

Cristi: 2

photography: 2

moniteur: 2

catfish252: 2

Kortney Jarman: 2

dswatson83: 2

stevenjoen: 2

marcus: 2

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 792

Members: 319

Moderators: 0

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 5

Topics: 1718

Newest Members: fxks323, Hunter McRae, ojarshiz, pieropereira, HenryRamosELP, ricky6120, jensjk, preethi

Administrators: Eric Reagan (1778)