Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search:

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
Nikon D7100 Sample Photos
Read the original blog post
May 12, 2013
9:28 pm
Eric Reagan
Admin
Forum Posts: 1562

Nikon D7100

I’ve got a review coming for the Nikon D7100 soon, but I wanted to go ahead and pass along some sample images from the camera that I recently shot (in addition to my Nikon D7100 sample video footage).  Check them out below.

This first round of images covering the ISO range were…

email
May 17, 2013
5:18 pm
Eric Eikenberry

I bought one, had to go through three to find one which shot well on all AF points, but once I did… WOW! You MUST use great lenses with it, but if you do, the clarity and sharpness down to the pixel-peeping level is simply unbelievable! Haziness is gone from the images. Out-of-Camera JPEGs can be printed directly, they don't even need Photoshop's Unsharp Mask. At high ISOs the grain looks more like film grain than color noise, which is a huge improvement, IMHO. Looks more "artistic". At low ISOs the detail captured is stupendous. This will send everyone else back to their drawing boards as they rethink the AA filters on all DX DSLRS (except Pentax who already makes a non-AA model). I predict the Canon 7DII will see a delay as I'd imagine they'll spec an imager without an AA filter.

To put it another way, the D7100 files straight from the camera will compete with Canon 5D3 files until the ISO goes past 1000, and might even be a tick better from 100-800. No joke.

email
Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 464

Currently Online:
16 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

byroninedmonton: 3

Kortney Jarman: 2

marcus: 2

dswatson83: 2

stevenjoen: 2

realkit2003: 2

moniteur: 2

Cristi: 2

catfish252: 2

photography: 2

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 574

Members: 311

Moderators: 0

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 5

Topics: 1515

Newest Members: zaferseben014, denno, pickychicki, dko198, valcalepi, RobertR, Mandla Mavimbela, Godefroy, Deepak19k, Aerial Expert

Administrators: Eric Reagan (1562)