Nikon has officially taken the wraps off the new 1 Series J2 camera that will replace the Nikon 1 J1. As expected, it is a rather vanilla upgrade to the J1 with a higher resolution display, along with some control and exterior cosmetic changes. Additionally, Nikon introduced a new 11-27.5mm zooms lens for the 1 Series, along with an underwater housing (Nikon WP-N1) for the Nikon 1 J1 and J2 cameras.
Nikon 1 J2 Highlights:
- High-resolution 3-inch, 921,000 dot LCD monitor
- New Creative Mode with a variety of shooting modes and fast access to full manual exposure controls (P,S,A,M)
- New metallic body and mode dial and available in White, Black, Silver, Pink and two new colors- deep Red and Orange
- Nikon 1 J2 with 10-30mm kit lens will be available in September 2012 for a suggested retail price (SRP) of $549.95.
1 NIKKOR 11-27.5mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens Highlights
- Smaller and lighter than current 10-30mm kit lens
- Standard 2.5x zoom lens (30-74mm equivalent)
- Available in Black and White and compatible with Nikon 1 J1, J2 and V1 cameras
- Available in late September 2012 for a suggested retail price (SRP) of $189.95
WP-N1 underwater case
- Compatible with Nikon 1 J1 and J2 cameras with attached 1 NIKKOR 10-30mm lens.
- Waterproof up to 40 meters (131 feet)
- Available in Black and White
- Available in September 2012 for a suggested retail price (SRP) of $749.95
Most Users Ever Online: 464
Currently Browsing this Page:
Kortney Jarman: 2
Guest Posters: 874
Newest Members: boginbob, paraord, henryp, photosharer, Visuel Technologie.bf, one_sandman, Snapper, Tom, john, Editor323
Administrators: Eric Reagan (1894)