Kodak Professional BW400CN Film is Discontinued | News | Forum

email

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
Kodak Professional BW400CN Film is Discontinued
Read the original blog post
August 21, 2014
2:43 pm
Eric Reagan
Admin
Forum Posts: 2107

Kodak BW400CN

This one is hard for me to believe, but Kodak has officially discontinued its BW400CN film. The great thing about Kodak BW400CN film was that it was readily available everywhere and could be developed anywhere you could develop color prints because it was C-41 process compatible.

I bought many rolls of BW400CN off…

email
August 22, 2014
3:17 pm
forkboy1965

It's funny how attached we can become to the older method even if we would not wish to return to it.

I suffer the same issue with my horde of mixed tapes made during the 80's and 90's. I still play them occasionally on the big stereo, but I don't think I'd want to return to that system when putting together a playlist in iTunes and syncing to my Shuffle is so simple.

However, I think making those tapes brought me much closer to my music collection. Carefully selecting as many songs as would fit on a 90-minute cassette meant thinking carefully about what mood I wanted to create. And then there was the immense amount of time it would take to find the peak within each song (I'm speaking to recording from the turntable here... the CD player made this much simpler once it came along) so that I could set my levels appropriately.

Yeah... this time spent making tapes brought me closer to my music in a way the digitized world doesn't. But I'm not certain it's a trade-off I'd want to return to.

email
Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 464

Currently Online:
8 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

eriemer: 6

byroninedmonton: 3

Kortney Jarman: 2

moniteur: 2

fuster: 2

realkit2003: 2

stevenjoen: 2

catfish252: 2

Cristi: 2

photography: 2

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 991

Members: 364

Moderators: 0

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 5

Topics: 2024

Newest Members: stevo1994, zhatdude, KalBarnes, twintown, rjmccor, MikeyGeeeee, RoT, Mahir, EricNepean, zorro007

Administrators: Eric Reagan: 2107