Hasselblad H5D-200c is a 200MP Medium Format Monster | News | Forum

email

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
Hasselblad H5D-200c is a 200MP Medium Format Monster
Read the original blog post
August 24, 2014
8:30 am
Eric Reagan
Admin
Forum Posts: 2103

Hasselblad H5D-200c

In addition to the new H5D-50c medium format CMOS camera, Hasselblad has unveiled the H5D-200c, which delivers 200MP images. 

The camera is based on the H5D-50c, using the same 50MP sensor. It produces higher resolution images by using a multi-shot design. The camera will capture 1, 4 or 6-shots. At the…

email
August 29, 2014
9:29 am
charles

I assume that if one uses this camera, one would need a super computer to handle such large files. I personally think the competition for mp's should slow down and workflow simplicity should be targeted. By the time the you finally get the image manipulated to ones satisfaction you have cut into your shooting time tremendously. I'm about shooting. Old school , which taught a lot of the older shooters to edit in the camera. By the time we re-educate ourselves, we're out of time. Photography shouldn't be about your ability to electronically manipulate an image , but to create images that speak for themselves. Higher priced equipment and more megapixels are not what we need. The fun of photography has been replaced by the creation of more industry and big business. Photographers are working themselves into bankruptcy by trying to keep up with the deep curve of learning and buying more megapixels. Give my my F4.
Just saying!

email
August 31, 2014
4:36 am
Majid Naghdi photogr

The Swedish camera manufacturer Hasselblad H5D-200C,
Including a model that outputs images of up to 200 million pixels. The H5D-50c MS and H5D-200c MS are 4-shot and 6-shot bodies that use pixel shifting to create higher resolution images than their 50-million-pixel sensors could in a single shot.
the switch from CCD to CMOS makes its multi-shot cameras output at 75MB in single shot mode but up to 400MB for 6-shot images, while the maximum size of a 6-shot TIFF image will be ~600MB, measuring 16,544x12,400 pixels. Images taken with the 6-shot

email
Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 464

Currently Online:
15 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

eriemer: 6

byroninedmonton: 3

Kortney Jarman: 2

moniteur: 2

fuster: 2

realkit2003: 2

stevenjoen: 2

catfish252: 2

Cristi: 2

photography: 2

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 990

Members: 362

Moderators: 0

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 5

Topics: 2021

Newest Members: KalBarnes, twintown, rjmccor, MikeyGeeeee, RoT, Mahir, EricNepean, zorro007, Aaron Harper, Phil Power

Administrators: Eric Reagan: 2103